Tyrone v Down USFC Semi Final Sat 19th June

Started by Fuzzman, May 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Anyone know why we're having semi finals now on Saturday evenings at 5.15pm?

Who are making these decisions? Is it for the benefit of TV?
You have to wonder how far these guys in HQ are going to mess with our games.

Another question which is confusing me but maybe I'm just mixed up
Is the Armagh v Monaghan match on Sunday week?
I thought if you played Preliminary round then you will be the last of the 1st round matches to be played.

With the wife and more importantly father in law from Donegal I'd rather meet them for the excitement. Also the amount of annoying Down "mates" I know I would still like to meet Donegal though they owe us for 2007.

ziggysego

I'm raging as I'm busy that night and also busy the day of the Ulster Final (if Tyrone make it that far). First year in a looooong time, I'll miss the Ulster Championship completely and I'm gutted  :'(

Can't see the logic of having the sem-final on the Saturday, unless there's a World Cup game on the Sunday that RTE want to show, which is a disgrace.
Testing Accessibility

Club Rossa

It's always the part time supporters like you Ziggy that end up with all ireland tickets too ;)

tyrone86

Kilkenny v Dublin/Laois and Cork/Tipp v Limerick on TV3 that Sunday.

There was an Ulster Semi Final on Saturday night last year and the qualifiers are always on Saturdays, I don't see it as that big a deal .

omagh_gael

Quote from: Club Rossa on May 25, 2010, 04:33:27 PM
It's always the part time supporters like you Ziggy that end up with all ireland tickets too ;)

Sure that man knows half the country, he'll never be stuck for a ticket ;)

Fuzzman

Who was the Ulster semi last year?
Antrim & Cavan was it?

A lot of people work on Saturdays and often towns have loads of traffic on Saturdays with shoppers so parking is a disaster.
Tyrone86 if you asked most fans would they rather a Sat or a Sunday match what would you say they'd say?
I just think TV schedules are dictating too much these days.

What about my other question about the Monaghan v Armagh game?

tyrone86

Normally the Ulster preliminary winners are in the last game, I couldn't tell ye why the Ulster council changed it.

As for the Saturday evening, its not unprecedented for and if you offered me an AIQF on a Saturday evening at this stage, I'd take your arm off for it.

Fuzzman

http://www.aiqf.it/index.php?option=com_oziogallery2&view=02flashgallery&Itemid=135

Nope No Takers

My old cynical mind has just led me to think is it to do with possible suspensions from the Monaghan v Armagh match?

If someone gets a month will they be back for the Ulster semi final?
Hmmmmm?  ???

AFS

Quote from: tyrone86 on May 25, 2010, 04:59:24 PM
Normally the Ulster preliminary winners are in the last game, I couldn't tell ye why the Ulster council changed it.

As for the Saturday evening, its not unprecedented for and if you offered me an AIQF on a Saturday evening at this stage, I'd take your arm off for it.

I suspect that it's to do with the Ulster hurling semi final, on the 13th. It's probable that this game will involve Down and Derry with no cross over to the football quarter involving Monaghan and Armagh, but there was the possibility of a clash for Armagh or Derry had both games gone ahead on that date. Also means both games can go ahead at Casement.

AFS

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 25, 2010, 05:09:35 PM
http://www.aiqf.it/index.php?option=com_oziogallery2&view=02flashgallery&Itemid=135

Nope No Takers

My old cynical mind has just led me to think is it to do with possible suspensions from the Monaghan v Armagh match?

Hmmmmm?  ???

Eh, no.

Date: Sunday 6th Jun 2010
Ulster GAA Football Senior Championship    
Quarter Final    2 00 PM    Casement Park    
Ard Mhacha    ---    v    Muineachán

Date: Sunday 27th Jun 2010
Ulster GAA Football Senior Championship    
Semi Final    3 30 PM       
An Cabhán / Fear Manach    ---    v    Muineachán / Ard Mhacha

Three weeks.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 25, 2010, 05:09:35 PM

Nope No Takers

Hmmmmm?  ???

Irrespective of the time they have to miss at least 1 game in the competition anyway so you old cynical mind is full of it.

Orior

Quote from: ziggysego on May 25, 2010, 04:24:36 PM
I'm raging as I'm busy that night and also busy the day of the Ulster Final (if Tyrone make it that far). First year in a looooong time, I'll miss the Ulster Championship completely and I'm gutted  :'(

Can't see the logic of having the sem-final on the Saturday, unless there's a World Cup game on the Sunday that RTE want to show, which is a disgrace.

You did not get to Casement last Sunday?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Quote from: Orior on May 25, 2010, 09:05:41 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 25, 2010, 04:24:36 PM

You did not get to Casement last Sunday?

No.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Who gives a fuc?!!... it is destroying club football in Tyrone... bag o'shite the whole thing! 

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 25, 2010, 10:34:57 PM
Who gives a f**?!!... it is destroying club football in Tyrone... bag o'shite the whole thing!

Fecking right. One of the reasons I didn't make Casement was to have this weekend free to watch the club. Now that's being fucked with too.