Do you support you County Champions in Provinical Championships

Started by cavan4ever, October 12, 2007, 12:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

I'm just wondering if you guys would support your arch rivals or any other club when they are playing in the provinicals.  In Cavan it seems to be that most people are happy to support whoever the team is along as it isn't Cavan Gaels.

AZOffaly

Yes definitely I would. I would try to get to a game or two if the county champions look like doing well, and would wish them well in every game when they go forward. Then next year try and knock them down a peg or two :)

Hoof Hearted

Cant see that happening up here in derry !
Bellaghy would get very little backing.
If Glenullin get through on Sunday, then they probably would as it was a new team.
im from Bellaghy and i wouldn't say i would go and support anybody else from derry but i would like to see them winning, no bother.
Although i remember in 1990/1991 cheering for every opponent that Lavey came up against - until they ran out !!
older and wiser now, wouldn't happen again
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

his holiness nb

I would, unless its UCD!!

I actually cheered the Meath champs against them last year!  :o
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

UCD is a different kettle of fish in fairness. They are not 'your' county champions, they won the championship in your county. A subtle difference.

BallyhaiseMan

yep il always support the county champions in the Provinical Championships.

lynchbhoy

deiseach

Without hesitation.

This might make for an interesting poll.

prewtna

oneillcup2007

I think in Tyrone for the first time ever a penal of players looks capble of making a breakthrough at the highest level.  if this were to happen I think it would be like bringing Sam to Tyrone. 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: prewtna on October 12, 2007, 01:12:29 PM
ya.
but very hesitantly if it were knockmore!

I find it amazing that Moy Davitts have a dislike for Knockmore. We were all happy to see ye win the Intermediate in 96 when we won the Senior title that year as well.

Seen as Ballina and Crossmolina have won most County titles since our last win I've always wanted to see them win the provincial championship, I didn't go to all the games but I wanted them to bring silverware to the county.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tbrick18

I would always back the club team representing the county....though mainly because the better a club team do the more likely we are to get a few new decent players come through to the county set-up as a result.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on October 12, 2007, 01:17:09 PM
I think in Tyrone for the first time ever a penal of players looks capble of making a breakthrough at the highest level.  if this were to happen I think it would be like bringing Sam to Tyrone. 

I think it will be very hard to look past St Galls for Ulster. They have proven they have the talent to win it, add to that team one of the brightest talents CJ McGourty they will be very hard to stop. For whatever team that wins tyrone it is going to be extremely difficult. With neither team having reached this level before and the extended season over the winter months they may find it a lot more difficult than you predict.

orangeman

Of course we will support our champs all the way ! Come on Dromore or Coalisland !!!!!!!