Bord na Mona O’Byrne Cup 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 26, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

The Laois Gaa website is an embarrassment. Fine for club fixtures but absolutely useless for inter county.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Blow-in

Quote from: redsetanta on December 05, 2018, 09:09:48 PM
The Laois Gaa website is an embarrassment. Fine for club fixtures but absolutely useless for inter county.

Made query few weeks ago. New site incoming seemingly.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Batman!!! on December 05, 2018, 11:04:14 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on December 05, 2018, 09:09:48 PM

Made query few weeks ago. New site incoming seemingly.

And not before time, it must be one of the worse county websites in Ireland.
Thank god for Laois Today and this forum, without them we would know very little about the goings on in the county.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on December 06, 2018, 01:32:39 AM
it must be one of the worse county websites in Ireland.

How many new sites have they gone through by now? Dreadful site. Mind you, there's a few more bad ones out there too. Last time I looked Kildare's was very user unfriendly.

portlaoisekid

There's no incentive for a quality site as there is no money in it, especially now Laois Today are hovering up sponsorship from around the county on their site and fair play to them, they do a great job. Only for LaoisToday we would be in the dark completely.

SCFC

Quote from: portlaoisekid on December 06, 2018, 08:52:24 AM
There's no incentive for a quality site as there is no money in it, especially now Laois Today are hovering up sponsorship from around the county on their site and fair play to them, they do a great job. Only for LaoisToday we would be in the dark completely.
Hang on. It's our county's GAA website. It's nothing to do with sponsorship. All people expect is a basic site, results, fixtures and news kept up to date. It's not supposed to generate money. It's supposed to give us the basic updated information that most other county's GAA sites do.

portlaoisekid

Why shouldn't it though?

Prime advertising and make money for CB ?

Don Draper

Setting up a website is grand, its the maintenance that'll get you. Its a shame there's not an energetic youngster out there who would take it on. Also they need a new website provider, as the current lads are obviously shite.

blueandwhite1

Here here. It is a breath of fresh air. A genuinely young, fresh and energetic Laois focused voice that seems to have its finger on the pulse of what is going on. I hope they are doing enough to keep them going as it is not an easy business. They make the Leinster look like a 19th century pamphlet. As for Offaly radio 3.....

SCFC

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on December 06, 2018, 11:38:08 AM

Here here. It is a breath of fresh air. A genuinely young, fresh and energetic Laois focused voice that seems to have its finger on the pulse of what is going on. I hope they are doing enough to keep them going as it is not an easy business. They make the Leinster look like a 19th century pamphlet. As for Offaly radio 3.....
It's good alright but there's a fierce focus on it on the area from Portlaoise to Stradbally to Port. I'd say it barely registers in terms of the south and south west of the county.

Heshs Umpire

Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Blow-in

Aren't the teams announced on a Thursday night or Friday morning? Plenty of lads getting cranky coming towards Xmas

les Antiques

The starting team in full is: Scott Osbourne (Portarlington); Adam Campion (St Joseph's), Denis Booth (The Heath), Damien O'Connor (Timahoe); Stephen Attride (Killeshin), Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen), Robbie Piggot (Portarlington), John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's, Dublin), Brian Daly (St Joseph's); Marty Scully (Ballyroan-Abbey), David Conway (Arles-Kilcruise), Sean Byrne (Portarlington); Eoin Lowry (Killeshin), Gary Walsh (Ballylinan), Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

Junior Ex Laoistalk

This is amazing, I couldn't have imagined this happening so soon after we hit the depths of Div.4. We have a lot to thank John Sugrue for, we are so lucky to have him in charge and long may it last...

Laois defender speaks about fierce competition for places on intercounty setup
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/12/06/laois-defender-speaks-about-fierce-competition-for-places-on-laois-setup/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

portlaoisekid

I have to say I'm looking forward to Laois footballers in advance of the 2019 season, as I said before I think Sugrue has a very tough job to get us further along the road but I trust him as manager and I really feel he will improve our players.

I can already see it from the Portlaoise lads who went in with the county, they came back better players for being in with Laois which has not always been the case. I reckon any player who throws his lot in with Laois will only see benefits from it.