Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 03, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 03, 2018, 03:06:53 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 03, 2018, 03:02:47 PM
Have Galway withdrawn from u20 championship according to http://connachtgaa.ie/fixtures-results/ they don't seem to be in the Draw

That Connacht GAA website!

Is the U20 going to be a bit of a farces this year? Maybe not for stronger countries but we're definitely going to be missing several players due to them being on U20 panels. Think the rule this year is daft and of course favours those with greater resources.

I thought that although Kerry will probably the team who suffers most, as they'll be missing both O'Se & Clifford.

I don't think the most considering as they have the pick of three All Ireland minor winning teams. The rule is all the more daft when you see Hurling U20 championship to be will have players allowed to play both the under-age competition and senior, unlike football. This years U20 championship scheduled for June is a farce also as a lot of players won't be able to play due to leaving cert exams.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 03, 2018, 04:21:35 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 03, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 03, 2018, 03:06:53 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 03, 2018, 03:02:47 PM
Have Galway withdrawn from u20 championship according to http://connachtgaa.ie/fixtures-results/ they don't seem to be in the Draw

That Connacht GAA website!

Is the U20 going to be a bit of a farces this year? Maybe not for stronger countries but we're definitely going to be missing several players due to them being on U20 panels. Think the rule this year is daft and of course favours those with greater resources.

I thought that although Kerry will probably the team who suffers most, as they'll be missing both O'Se & Clifford.

I don't think the most considering as they have the pick of three All Ireland minor winning teams. The rule is all the more daft when you see Hurling U20 championship to be will have players allowed to play both the under-age competition and senior, unlike football. This years U20 championship scheduled for June is a farce also as a lot of players won't be able to play due to leaving cert exams.

Given games are on Saturdays (at least in Connacht) the few Leaving Certs on U20 panels will probably either start anyways (if they're essential) or be on the bench.

larryin89

Off subject but have a team ever been 8/13 or odds on of any kind to win the all Ireland before the championship starts?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Jinxy on April 03, 2018, 11:20:07 PM
Aidan O'Shea to full back?

Well he'd have the strength alright but the thing with Comer is he has a fair turn of pace too. Donaghy was never going to run away from O'Shea last year.

ashman

Jinxy

Strong & fast beats strong & slow every day of the week.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on April 03, 2018, 11:55:08 PM
Strong & fast beats strong & slow every day of the week.

Also not being able to tackle is a bit of a hindernce for a full back.

galwayman

Not a chance.
Harrison or Higgins I would think will pick Comer up.
Or possibly Barrett who has played in the fb line in the past.

magpie seanie

Quote from: galwayman on April 04, 2018, 09:13:44 AM
Not a chance.
Harrison or Higgins I would think will pick Comer up.
Or possibly Barrett who has played in the fb line in the past.

I'd say Barrett is their best bet.

Orchard park

Quote from: larryin89 on April 03, 2018, 06:49:39 PM
Off subject but have a team ever been 8/13 or odds on of any kind to win the all Ireland before the championship starts?

I'd presume Kerry in 1980 were

seafoid

Quote from: Orchard park on April 04, 2018, 09:30:30 AM

Meath in 2001 as well
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Quote from: seafoid on April 04, 2018, 09:43:59 AM
Quote from: Orchard park on April 04, 2018, 09:30:30 AM

Meath in 2001 as well

Very much doubt it , remember im not talking about the final itself , im talking about now as in before the championship starts.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

Don't mind Seafoid, he's always mad to talk about 2001, otherwise known as 'the year Meath hammered Kerry and no one cares what happened after that.'