The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 24, 2009, 10:50:19 AM
So what date do most people start putting up the auld Christmas decorations? Was chatting ones there who get them up from the start of dec, seems hard early. Think anytime after the 15th is usually ok?
I normally take the decorated tree out of the spare room and in to the sitting room about christmas eve.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 24, 2009, 10:50:19 AM
So what date do most people start putting up the auld Christmas decorations? Was chatting ones there who get them up from the start of dec, seems hard early. Think anytime after the 15th is usually ok?

Usually a week earlier than that, but aye, 15th's a good enough time.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: milltown row on November 23, 2009, 09:37:50 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on November 23, 2009, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 23, 2009, 09:24:33 PM
wife has just got the stuff forthe Stockings (not hers :()

there was enough in it to do about 3 Christmas'!!

our kids are older now so the there wont be that many things to put up around midnight!!

will be mostly DS games and Wii games, no bikes this year also

not use the r4 cards?

are those legit? Christ we've down loading music on their MP3's!!

umm, prob not, but at £18 for a 4 gig one that will hold games and play music

seeen my first decorated christmas tree today in a house, sad sad people
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

takeyourownpath

my ma's startin the tree next weekend, so whats that? the 5th? 20days before the big lad comes still seems abit early to me. she maintains it's because she's "no time" to do it after then!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: takeyourownpath on November 24, 2009, 08:23:33 PM
my ma's startin the tree next weekend, so whats that? the 5th? 20days before the big lad comes still seems abit early to me. she maintains it's because she's "no time" to do it after then!
Same as that. Was informed by herself earlier that the tree(s) will be going up next week as there is a shortage of Nordman Fir this year and need to be in early. She also wants a second tree this year!

takeyourownpath

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2009, 08:32:06 PM
Quote from: takeyourownpath on November 24, 2009, 08:23:33 PM
Same as that. Was informed by herself earlier that the tree(s) will be going up next week as there is a shortage of Nordman Fir this year and need to be in early. She also wants a second tree this year!

same as my ones! we have the MASSIVE (and when i say massive i mean it's about 6foot round at the bottom and 8foot tall) one in the house and then they bought a real one, roots and all in a pot out of B&Q, wee small one like, about 4foot just, to put outside the front door, and then 400 lights to put on her, not half wise if you ask me!

Canalman

The christmas "thing" very quiet imo here in Dublin at the moment.

Rois

There's a house on a street off the Cregagh Rd in Belfast with a 10ft light-up Santa in the garden that's been there since Halloween.

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Hereiam

Not long to go now. I would say the bookies is sweatin a bit with this cold snap that is due. Good chance of seeing some snow over christmas

maggie

Made reindeer dust with my class today. They are so excitable, counting the sleeps every day and opening the calendar. I love my job-especially at this time of year.

saffron sam2

Quote from: maggie on December 15, 2009, 04:06:09 PM
Made reindeer dust with my class today. They are so excitable, counting the sleeps every day and opening the calendar. I love my job-especially at this time of year.

Tried that with my ones too. wasn't overly successful.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

maggie

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 15, 2009, 04:08:42 PM
Quote from: maggie on December 15, 2009, 04:06:09 PM

Tried that with my ones too. wasn't overly successful.

How come?