The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: J OGorman on December 09, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 09, 2013, 08:54:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2013, 08:34:42 PM
Anyone know where in Belfast to get a record player converter? either for a USB or CD. Seen ones on Amazon but no use to me as its a prezzie for Xmas for her indoors.

Anyone got one before? do you need speakers also. £ 150 is the budget we've given ourselves. And I'm sticking to it or under it for sure....

Richer Sounds in Gresham street will be your best bet. The nerds will tell you everything you want to know. And they'll price match. Think there a Denon model that could be up your street.

I thought it was to maybe retire the vinyl to mp3. Denon = £££

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=&sub=&productid=1075

Could be crap but could be a starting point. Wouldn't go anywhere else for any electronics to be honest.

J OGorman

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 09, 2013, 09:25:56 PM
Anyone know where in Belfast to get a record player converter? either for a USB or CD. Seen ones on Amazon but no use to me as its a prezzie for Xmas for her indoors.

Anyone got one before? do you need speakers also. £ 150 is the budget we've given ourselves. And I'm sticking to it or under it for sure....

Richer Sounds in Gresham street will be your best bet. The nerds will tell you everything you want to know. And they'll price match. Think there a Denon model that could be up your street.

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=&sub=&productid=1075

Could be crap but could be a starting point. Wouldn't go anywhere else for any electronics to be honest.

If I was buying again, would certainly go with Denon..didnt know they had a usb turntable. Looks well

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 09, 2013, 09:25:56 PM

Hey that looks the part, must head in

Quote from: J OGorman on December 09, 2013, 08:57:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 linkc=5138.msg1303980#msg1303980 date=1386621282

I have a Ion Profile Pro  . Its a great job. Have a good set of Creative A300 speakers with a bass unit attached which I just connect into the headphone socket of laptop. Works a treat and the sound is brilliant. Bought a1971 Sinatra Christmas album froma charity shop last week...some treat in the evenings with a wee sherry or 2.

PCWorld or Maplin are bound to stock them

Now the important question...any records for sale?? :-)
(Rock, metal, alt country or folk)

She has a shit load of Rock stuff so plenty of interest early on no doubt
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Under Lights

Few Christmas questions for our posters.

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's?
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley?
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day?

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts?
Mince Pie?
Christmas Pudding?

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink?

laoislad

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? If I had my way we wouldn't have a tree

Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's?Have to go to the Mother in laws. WORLDS WORST COOK EVER.

The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Glenroe re runs

Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? ;D Mass me hole.

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? No
Mince Pie? No
Christmas Pudding?No

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? 8am. One needs to be drunk to be able eat Mother in Laws dinner.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Neither,  have a shite tree and the top bit can't hold either. Have a small santa decoration that balances up there.
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Have the dinner at home with missus and the kids, done that the last few years and its great for the kids who aren't given a load of new goodies and then packed into the car a hour later, plus they'll actually eat and avoid been sick later that day. Will visit in the early evening.
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Royale family
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Christmas day

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? No
Mince Pie? No
Christmas Pudding? No

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? Might have a glass of wine with dinner but outside of that I don't take any. Never liked drinking in the house or other houses to be honest.

Milltown Row2

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Neither, 
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? haven't made xmas dinner yet, always go to her parents, food is great
Will visit in the morning to my family
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? neither
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? see above

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? yes
Mince Pie? No
Christmas Pudding? No

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? once I park the car at her mums

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  Im not sure we have either, must look when i go home  :-\
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? home to the parents for diner this year
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Royale family
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? christmas eve, followed by a  few great pints of stout in the local.It has become something of a christmas tradition in our parts at this stage

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? yes
Mince Pie? no
Christmas Pudding? no

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? may or may not have wine with dinner, but then usually not till early evening
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Megaman

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  Star
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Thankfully at home with the Kids, I can lay like a beached whale and kids can play with their toys
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Neither
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Whats Mass :-/

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? no
Mince Pie? no
Christmas Pudding? no

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? Around 10-11am

deiseach

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  Angel
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Our own.
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Neither
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Service.

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes
Mince Pie? Yes
Christmas Pudding? No

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? 2-3pm. Have to be a little bit tipsy to endure the Queen's speech.

Tony Baloney

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Angel
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Own but Father in law, Mother in law and Sister in law coming this year.
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Neither. Only Fools and Horses will be on some channel!
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Neither
Do you eat:Brussels Sprouts? Love them
Mince Pie? Love them
Christmas Pudding? Love it (will need Rennies!)

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? 1pm

God14

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's?
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley?
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day?

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? YES - despite all the jokes I actually love the Brussels. Only seem to eat them at Christmas though!
Mince Pie? NO
Christmas Pudding? NO

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink?
If left til my own devices it would be 1.30ish but with visitors calling the house this past few years its been 11am!

gerrykeegan

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Not sure
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? First time in own house. No visitors
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Neither.
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Christmas Day, working Christmas eve, into keoghs in Dublin get locked, home, wine with wife, get Santa stuff ready, try for the Christmas jump.
Do you eat:Brussels Sprouts? Hate them
Mince Pie? Nope
Christmas Pudding? Nope
What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? 1pm synchronizing with Mr Baloney
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Angel on one, Star on another
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Sister in laws this year
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Wha? Bond!
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Christmas morning

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? NO
Mince Pie?  Yes, many
Christmas Pudding? Yes

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? Depends who is driving. If me then a glass of wine at the dinner will do me. If herself, then a few buideals when we arrive at sis in laws.

AQMP

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  Used to always have a Santie but this year a star
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? At home with Mrs AQMP and the Ogs
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Royle Family, though the last couple have been shite.  Don't watch much telly on the day
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Christmas Eve

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes
Mince Pie?  Yes
Christmas Pudding? Usually too full after dinner but would take a bitin on Stephen's Day

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? Her ones come out on Xmas morning so probably around noon.