The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Well I got a years subscription to National Geographic, a copy of Wars of Words (as recommended by seafoid) and some jocks n socks. That's a pretty successful Christmas...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ONeill on December 26, 2012, 12:00:57 AM
I'd say there'd be very few who know anything about Stephen.

Same as the fcukers to speak or write Irish at his time only but haven't a clue what they're saying/writing.

Stephen's Day all the way, take yer boxes away with ye.

Yer too long under the crown lads, too long  :o
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Ulick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 25, 2012, 11:48:19 PM
I haven't had poitin since a house party in Mount Charles in Belfast c.1998. Not good  :-\

Strangely enough around the last time I ever went for it. Did your party also involve drinks in the QUB porters social club at the top of Mount Charles then party in one of the houses which was shut down by wardens, porters, peelers and a midget with a fire extinguisher? Details are a little hazy with the latter.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ONeill on December 26, 2012, 12:00:57 AM
I'd say there'd be very few who know anything about Stephen.

Same as the fcukers who speak or write Irish at his time only but haven't a clue what they're saying/writing.

O'Neill, as you know, I hold you to be an example of erudition and perspicuity at the best of times but this plainly is not one of those times.
WTF are you on about here? ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on December 26, 2012, 12:03:41 AM
Well I got a years subscription to National Geographic, a copy of Wars of Words (as recommended by seafoid) and some jocks n socks. That's a pretty successful Christmas...
So did I! Apparently there is a free XL fleece with it. The missus says it might be too small!

ONeill

Simple enough I thought.

Hoors writing as gaelige because they think they should at Christmas so copy and paste it thinking they're bastions of gaeldom. Then there are the Merry Christmas wishers. Feck away off. I hope you have a Happy New Year my hole. You'll not be thinking of my New Year. Nor do my travails interest you. Bollocks off the lot of you. Merry f**king Christmas eh? What if I don't have one? What ye gonna do then eh? Empty balaxing words. Save yer feckin breath. Happy buckin birthday. Hugs and shaking hands. Not happening.

On the whole though, I got a subscription to Astronomy Online. But sure I asked for it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on December 26, 2012, 12:09:36 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 25, 2012, 11:48:19 PM
I haven't had poitin since a house party in Mount Charles in Belfast c.1998. Not good  :-\

Strangely enough around the last time I ever went for it. Did your party also involve drinks in the QUB porters social club at the top of Mount Charles then party in one of the houses which was shut down by wardens, porters, peelers and a midget with a fire extinguisher? Details are a little hazy with the latter.
Ha ha unfortunately not nearly as entertaining as that! Recall a lot of foreign students and the obligatory Christy Moore-alike with the guitar in the corner. Happy times!

theticklemister

Quote from: ONeill on December 26, 2012, 12:22:59 AM
Simple enough I thought.

Hoors writing as gaelige because they think they should at Christmas so copy and paste it thinking they're bastions of gaeldom. Then there are the Merry Christmas wishers. Feck away off. I hope you have a Happy New Year my hole. You'll not be thinking of my New Year. Nor do my travails interest you. Bollocks off the lot of you. Merry f**king Christmas eh? What if I don't have one? What ye gonna do then eh? Empty balaxing words. Save yer feckin breath. Happy buckin birthday. Hugs and shaking hands. Not happening.

On the whole though, I got a subscription to Astronomy Online. But sure I asked for it.

Je O'Neill, has the drink finally taken hold of ye??????????

The two things I love in the world:

1.)Christmas

2.) The use of our native language

And ye dish on them both; shame on ye >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Tony Baloney

Didn't take long for the GAAboard season of goodwill to come to an end  8)

Captain Obvious

Alcohol can bring out the truth in us.

theticklemister

Ps. You can shove your astronomy online up your hole

Lar Naparka

Quote from: theticklemister on December 26, 2012, 12:48:45 AM
Ps. You can shove your astronomy online up your hole

By the look of it, he already has. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Ulick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 26, 2012, 12:22:40 AM
So did I! Apparently there is a free XL fleece with it. The missus says it might be too small!

There was a postcard came through the door yesterday mentioning something about a free gift, but I burnt it so I could look surprised today. Still chuffed though. Rarely have time for reading newspapers so National Geographic once a month should be spot on.

Ulick

Don't do the "merry Christmas" thing myself or "happy birthday" either for that matter. Have to admit to "Nollaig shona" though that's only because we're making an effort with the language since the wee man started naĆ­onra. 

Puckoon

Are we really there? Where you'd begrudge the wishing of good tidings based on semantic or linguistic technicalities or accuracies?

Hopefully I articulate this correctly then: f**k away aff the lot of yiz!!