Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Real toughie here for Armagh, they're improving with every game but this Kildare team looks a serious outfit and will be big favourites to beat Armagh. Armagh have a big game in them and hopefully they'll use it to get over Kildare.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Not the draw I would have preferred but looking forward to it. Will it be Croke Park

naka

This is the biggie for Armagh
We beat Kildare
Then the season has been a relative success
They are a serious physical side but will have a couple of players out( the captain and one of their players received a third black card yesterday)
For me Armagh can win this.

illdecide

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 17, 2017, 08:47:16 AM
Not the draw I would have preferred but looking forward to it. Will it be Croke Park

The talk is it'll be a double header in Crok Park but CCCC will confirm this later today
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

This is very interesting . It took Kildare a few years to recover from McGeeney.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

balladmaker

Kildare look to be a big, physical team with loads of talent.  Big game for Armagh, and will hopefully be in Croke Park, Armagh have nothing to lose and still have a big performance in them. 

punt kick

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2017, 08:53:23 AM
This is very interesting . It took Kildare a few years to recover from McGeeney.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2017, 08:51:38 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 17, 2017, 08:47:16 AM

The talk is it'll be a double header in Crok Park but CCCC will confirm this later today

Armagh v Kildare more likely in Breffini Park as Croke Park pitch didn't recover well from Coldplay and will have to deal with U2 this weekend.  Jim Gavin complained that a fifth of the pitch had to be replaced for yesterday's game after the last concert and the ground was particularly hard and slippery.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/jim-gavin-unhappy-with-the-state-of-croke-park-surface-after-coldplay-gig-35936826.html

Dinny Breen

Wonder will the media recall McGeeney managed Kildare.

That Kildare squad would be mostly fond of McGeeney.

Watched the Tipp game expecting see the dirtiest flithiest football team in history so I was surprised to see a decent team with good physicality. Armagh are improving, I haven't had time to process the draw but it's a good draw for Kildare, thanks to Geezer really.

Looking forward to it.
#newbridgeornowhere

haveaharp

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 17, 2017, 09:27:16 AM
Wonder will the media recall McGeeney managed Kildare.

That Kildare squad would be mostly fond of McGeeney.

Watched the Tipp game expecting see the dirtiest flithiest football team in history so I was surprised to see a decent team with good physicality. Armagh are improving, I haven't had time to process the draw but it's a good draw for Kildare, thanks to Geezer really.

Looking forward to it.

Tip aren't that dirty

Ethan Tremblay

The toughest draw Armagh could have got but will be good to see them up against a team with serious talent and potential. 

Kildare will fancy themselves but if Armagh can keep the goals out they shouldn't be too far away. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Orior

Armagh have nothing to lose, except of course a place in the quarterfinals, which I don't want to lose.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Donnellys Hollow

If we had our full team available to us I'd be fairly confident of winning this. I'm nervous about it with Feely and Doyle out.

I'd go with:

Donnellan
O'Grady Hyland Lyons
Byrne Conway K Cribbin
P Cribbin Moolick
McNally Kelly Slattery
Brophy Flynn McCormack

Conway wasn't at the races yesterday which was surprising. He's normally reliable and I don't see many other options at no6 with Doyle likely to miss out. It's too big an ask to pitch Shea Ryan in with so little experience behind him and bringing Peter Kelly or O'Donoghue in would mean having to move Johnny Byrne into the centre. Dowling is likely to come into consideration for midfield but I think we need Cribbin out there for his mobility. I'd say it's likely Dowling will be accommodated somewhere and put on the frees with no Feely or Neil Flynn on the team. Possibly ahead of McCormack with Niall Kelly moving closer to goal.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tonto1888

Is Feely the midfielder who got a third black card? What is Doyle out for?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 17, 2017, 10:56:23 AM
Is Feely the midfielder who got a third black card?

Yes.

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 17, 2017, 10:56:23 AM
What is Doyle out for?

Played with a broken thumb yesterday. He's having it operated on today.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?