Inter County Transfer

Started by BallyroanAbu, June 26, 2015, 10:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Right we have a guy who played intermediate championship hurling with a club in London in their 2015 championship.   He now wishes to return home and our secretary enquired could he play Senior Football Championship in Laois in 2015.  We were told that the rule is not code specific i.e he played hurling so he cannot play football.  Also does intermediate equate to senior are they not two different levels.  Does anyone have any idea what way the rules do read.

muppet

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 26, 2015, 10:42:53 PM
Right we have a guy who played intermediate championship hurling with a club in London in their 2015 championship.   He now wishes to return home and our secretary enquired could he play Senior Football Championship in Laois in 2015.  We were told that the rule is not code specific i.e he played hurling so he cannot play football.  Also does intermediate equate to senior are they not two different levels.  Does anyone have any idea what way the rules do read.

The rule is Laois is out either way.  :D
MWWSI 2017

PadraicHenryPearse

I haven't played for my club for 5 years years but moved into a new area (New county) and am going to try go back to play junior b and get involved in the club. Do i need to go through a transfer process? I don't think i need to given the timeframe but the new club feel i do.

PW Nally

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 06, 2016, 08:05:58 PM
I haven't played for my club for 5 years years but moved into a new area (New county) and am going to try go back to play junior b and get involved in the club. Do i need to go through a transfer process? I don't think i need to given the timeframe but the new club feel i do.

As far as I'm aware you do need to transfer. An intercounty transfer can be done any time of year and is very straight forward.

In Dublin if moving from one club to another you must have your transfer request in between 1st and 8th of December. That is the only window.

heffo

You absolutely need a transfer

Never beat the deeler

Definitely. I needed one when playing in Australia even though I hadn't played club at home in about ten years!
Hasta la victoria siempre

rosnarun

if its junior b would anyone really care? maybe change your name slightly and Bobs you uncle , months of Admin work saved
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Kickham csc

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 07, 2016, 04:35:52 AM

Definitely. I needed one when playing in Australia even though I hadn't played club at home in about ten years!

I don't understand this.
If you haven't played in ten years, and you haven't been a member of a club in 10 years, surely all you need to do is register for your new club. You aren't a current member of the GAA, therefore you have no club to transfer from.

That's what I did

JoG2

Quote from: Kickham csc on January 07, 2016, 01:51:16 PM

I don't understand this.
If you haven't played in ten years, and you haven't been a member of a club in 10 years, surely all you need to do is register for your new club. You aren't a current member of the GAA, therefore you have no club to transfer from.

That's what I did

when you register with a club, you stay registered with that club unless you seek a transfer. Its got diddly to do with being a paid up 'member' of the club or GAA for the season, you are a registered player of said club

johnneycool

Quote from: JoG2 on January 07, 2016, 01:55:19 PM

I don't understand this.

That's what I did

when you register with a club, you stay registered with that club unless you seek a transfer. Its got diddly to do with being a paid up 'member' of the club or GAA for the season, you are a registered player of said club

Your old club would need to sign the forms to release you, but would I be right in saying that they'd have no right to reject the transfer as you haven't played for them in the last year?

JoG2

Quote from: johnneycool on January 07, 2016, 02:01:22 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 07, 2016, 01:55:19 PM

I don't understand this.

That's what I did

Your old club would need to sign the forms to release you, but would I be right in saying that they'd have no right to reject the transfer as you haven't played for them in the last year?

correct. The only time I could see it being a problem is if you're transferring to a team very close or in the same town / city. You may have to do a 'lying' year (worst case scenario though and prob wouldn't come into play with with a big break from the game)

Kickham csc

Quick question,
If you register with a club, don't play or pay membership for the club, at what point do you not become a registered player!!! Seriously lads, you could be a register player until your 80!!!

Going by the rule book there are two requirements needed to be a registered player, a) you are a fully paid up member, and that your club correctly registers you.

2.2  Registration of Members
(a) Before April 1st, a Club Registrar shall submit
annually to Central Council, by the process of
Electronic Registration, a list, in the Irish Language
(except as provided for in Rule 1.7) of Full Members
who have fulfilled their Annual Subscription
requirement in accordance with Rule 6.2 ....

6.2 Playing Membership Requirements
(a) A player must be a registered Full Member or Youth
Member of a Club and the Association.

Also, all the transfer rules in the rule book apply to being a member of a home club transferring to another club.

If you are not a member of a club, you have no club to transfer from, therefore you can register with the new club.

PW Nally

Every player has a unique number and this stays with you regardless of where you play. Intercounty transfers is very straight forward and if you are coming back to play after a period out will be even easier as your home club wil generally just sign the form without any fuss.