The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Seafoid , I think characterising your son or daughter as a cancer tumour says everything.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on April 28, 2018, 02:18:23 PM
Syferus , I think characterising your son or daughter as a cancer tumour says everything.

? ?

Asal Mor

Quote from: sid waddell on April 28, 2018, 11:08:38 AM
Savita Halappanavar died because she couldn't have an abortion.

That is the sort of situation you want to allow happen again.

It is an utterly shameful reflection on Ireland that pregnant women cannot access treatment to protect their health in this country.

Think about that.

There is no situation in which I, as a man, cannot access treatment to protect my health if I need to.

Women do not have that right according to our constitution.
Seriously? In a country where public patients are deteriorating and dying on waiting lists where they are waiting years for vital medical procedures? Only someone who has and has always had good private health insurance could come out with a statement as obnoxious as that.

This galway man who spends his days on his hands and knees with back pain has been told he'll have to wait 3 years for surgery.....

http://connachttribune.ie/botched-back-op-leaves-father-on-all-fours-576/

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on April 28, 2018, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 28, 2018, 02:18:23 PM
Syferus , I think characterising your son or daughter as a cancer tumour says everything.

? ?

My apologies, I was using the phone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omaghjoe

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 28, 2018, 12:51:29 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 28, 2018, 12:42:19 PM
I'm a man. I'll never get pregnant.  I wonder what the out come would be if only women could vote?

That is one of the reasons why I'm considering not voting to be honest.
Presumably you didn't vote in the gay marriage ref then?

Anyway As I understand it all men were in a womb at one point.

Itchy

I'm a wavering yes voter. I don't like the idea of abortion on demand as I believe people should take responsibility for their actions. I do believe in extreme cases such as rape, incest etc that abortion should be allowed. However my wavering is that a law seems to be being justified by a tiny minority of extreme cases. Maybe my position isn't possible to legislate around

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on April 28, 2018, 03:43:04 PM
I'm a wavering yes voter. I don't like the idea of abortion on demand as I believe people should take responsibility for their actions. I do believe in extreme cases such as rape, incest etc that abortion should be allowed. However my wavering is that a law seems to be being justified by a tiny minority of extreme cases. Maybe my position isn't possible to legislate around

Not bringing an unwanted child into the world is taking far more responsibility for your actions than a lot of people who have children.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 28, 2018, 12:51:29 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 28, 2018, 12:42:19 PM
I'm a man. I'll never get pregnant.  I wonder what the out come would be if only women could vote?

That is one of the reasons why I'm considering not voting to be honest.
Tell the truth. You are taking the Friday off to go on the piss
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

sid waddell

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 28, 2018, 02:45:39 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on April 28, 2018, 11:08:38 AM
Savita Halappanavar died because she couldn't have an abortion.

That is the sort of situation you want to allow happen again.

It is an utterly shameful reflection on Ireland that pregnant women cannot access treatment to protect their health in this country.

Think about that.

There is no situation in which I, as a man, cannot access treatment to protect my health if I need to.

Women do not have that right according to our constitution.
Seriously? In a country where public patients are deteriorating and dying on waiting lists where they are waiting years for vital medical procedures? Only someone who has and has always had good private health insurance could come out with a statement as obnoxious as that.

This galway man who spends his days on his hands and knees with back pain has been told he'll have to wait 3 years for surgery.....

http://connachttribune.ie/botched-back-op-leaves-father-on-all-fours-576/
Could you please stop trying to mendaciously twist my words to suit your own agenda and name me a situation in which the law denies me, as a man, access to treatment which protects my health in the same way in which the law denies a pregnant woman access to treatment which would protect her health?

Asal Mor

How does quoting you amount to twisting your words? You wrote the bit in bold, not me. Half the country "cannot access" the medical treatment they need when they need it, something your pontifications didn't allow for.

You're twisting your own words with that question about where the law denies people treatment.

sid waddell

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 28, 2018, 06:58:31 PM
How does quoting you amount to twisting your words? You wrote the bit in bold, not me. Half the country "cannot access" the medical treatment they need when they need it, something your pontifications didn't allow for.

You're twisting your own words with that question about where the law denies people treatment.
Don't play silly buggers, it's not a good look - attempting to rabbit hole only shows up your lack of an argument.

Can you name me an instance where our consitution and the law denies healthcare to men?

Because the 8th Amendment of our constitution and the law that follows from it specifically denies healthcare, essential healthcare,  to women.

Savita Halappanavar was a victim of this and she paid with her life.

If the 8th Amendment didn't exist, she'd be alive, because she'd have got the essential healthcare she needed.

Medical staff wouldn't have had to wait for her situation to worsen and become life threatening.

That she couldn't get this essential heathcare because she was a pregnant woman shows Ireland up as an utterly backward country when it comes to its treatment of women - the system she was a victim of is one of outright discrimination.

This discriminatory situation can only be rectified by the obliteration of the 8th Amendment.

Any influence of Roman Catholic doctrine over healthcare and law in this country needs to be obliterated too. 

That's the same Roman Catholic doctrine which means we never got a National Health Service, by the way.

As a Mayoman said not so long ago, read your history.

Asal Mor

I've no interest in the abortion debate Sid. I won't be voting and abortion had nothing to do with the reason I found that line of yours annoying.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on April 28, 2018, 03:44:44 PM

Not bringing an unwanted child into the world is taking far more responsibility for your actions than a lot of people who have children.

Lad I couldn't care less what a Muppet like you thinks and your comments will have no bearing on the way I vote

sid waddell

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 28, 2018, 09:53:12 PM
I've no interest in the abortion debate Sid. I won't be voting and abortion had nothing to do with the reason I found that line of yours annoying.
Lack of comprehension is the reason.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on April 28, 2018, 10:21:28 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 28, 2018, 03:44:44 PM

Lad I couldn't care less what a Muppet like you thinks and your comments will have no bearing on the way I vote

You wouldn't have to tell me you couldn't care less if you couldn't care less.