Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Congratulations all again on another gutsy win. Rode our luck a bit but 2 points is all that matters.
Table now has a very different look about it. Form in this division means absolutely nothing but going into the last few games we have a great shot at promotion with two of the bottom teams still to play. Hopefully the weather picks up a bit and we get some better surfaces to play on and we get more improvement from this team.
We've been a bit of a write off in peoples' minds before this but with Clare up next at home and the wins under our belt, I'm sure the band wagon will have a few more passengers the next day. Important we are up for it because there's no doubt Clare will be fighting for their life and we cannot take anything for granted. A win the next day sets us up very nicely for the run in.

Itchy

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 23, 2020, 05:53:31 PM
Congratulations all again on another gutsy win. Rode our luck a bit but 2 points is all that matters.
Table now has a very different look about it. Form in this division means absolutely nothing but going into the last few games we have a great shot at promotion with two of the bottom teams still to play. Hopefully the weather picks up a bit and we get some better surfaces to play on and we get more improvement from this team.
We've been a bit of a write off in peoples' minds before this but with Clare up next at home and the wins under our belt, I'm sure the band wagon will have a few more passengers the next day. Important we are up for it because there's no doubt Clare will be fighting for their life and we cannot take anything for granted. A win the next day sets us up very nicely for the run in.

Clare are tough nuts and probably have better forwards than Fermanagh in Sexton and Tubridy. We cant take anything for granted and need to bring same intensity to it as in our last two games. Still great to be talking about promotion pushes and not the lads who wouldnt commit and relegation.

Look-Up!

Yep Clare will be extremely tough. But we're finding our feet well and hopefully with injuries maybe clearing up a bit and more experienced lads getting more time under the belts we can improve further.
If we manage a win next week and pick up no knocks we should be in great shape after the 2 week break to push on. 

Westside

I think at this stage Doughty probably needs to make way for someone else, he didn't show well against Laois and then a silly black card last night. Time for someone else to be given a chance. Pierson is doing well but I just don't think he's athletic enough to be a nailed down starter long term. I'd like to see Ryan Connolly and Liam Buchanan given more game time.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on February 23, 2020, 09:01:09 PM
I think at this stage Doughty probably needs to make way for someone else, he didn't show well against Laois and then a silly black card last night. Time for someone else to be given a chance. Pierson is doing well but I just don't think he's athletic enough to be a nailed down starter long term. I'd like to see Ryan Connolly and Liam Buchanan given more game time.

In fairness Pierson is a finisher, and that's why he is there. No point being an athlete if can't kick the ball over the bar. Pierson is the best scoring forward Cavan have currently.

David Turbridy of Clare isn't an athlete either, but an effective forward as he showed again today,

Itchy

Whats the chances of a result in Newbridge. We would be right in the mix at the top again if we could pull it off but we will be in serious bother at the other end if we lose. I am hoping for a rebound from that horrible loss the last day but that shitty pokey ground is a place I dont think will suit us. Bookies have us outsiders at 13/8.

Westside

From the highlights of Kildare v Roscommon, Kildare look impressive enough despite the loss. Strong and powerful and can score from distance. Roscommon generally match up well to big physical sides and we definitely tend to struggle on that front. I think they will beat us with a bit to spare unfortunately. Unless we can pull out a huge performance but our naivety and the amount of terrible individual performances versus Clare would make me think that's unlikely. 

Itchy

I wonder will any of our departed players make themselves available again given that they probably have been doing feck all in the last couple of months - McVitty, Moynagh, Clarke for example.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on June 16, 2020, 09:08:29 AM
I wonder will any of our departed players make themselves available again given that they probably have been doing feck all in the last couple of months - McVitty, Moynagh, Clarke for example.

Mcveety and Moynagh still travelling.

Westside

Clarke has.. wintered well.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on July 01, 2020, 08:27:01 PM
Clarke has.. wintered well.

Any chance of a return from him? Bad sign if an athlete like him isn't looking after himself, football or not.

rodney trotter

Caoimhin Reilly should be available, he took the year out as he was doing his final year in college and going to ny for summer. That would be off now.  Maybe Rehill might return

Clarke might not have the hunger to play County again. He gave enough interviews about the demands .

Itchy

Anyone watching the streams? Good service, well at least it was for me.

mrdeeds

Killian Clarke looks to be enjoying life away from county football.

Cavan19

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 06, 2020, 10:47:30 AM
Killian Clarke looks to be enjoying life away from county football.

Good best of luck to him.