Violence in Adult Club Football

Started by Jinxy, September 17, 2018, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your county, has it:

Significantly increased in recent years
Significantly decreased in recent years
It's about the same

brokencrossbar1

Pat McEananey was great for talking to you about fouls etc. He'd often say to you in a break of play....I saw that off the ball or that was too high, too late, I'm keeping an eye on the holding etc. It made it easier to play then. I think that type of approach with the refs rather than being dictator like would help

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 24, 2018, 07:13:01 PM
Pat McEananey was great for talking to you about fouls etc. He'd often say to you in a break of play....I saw that off the ball or that was too high, too late, I'm keeping an eye on the holding etc. It made it easier to play then. I think that type of approach with the refs rather than being dictator like would help

Refs do that, and some don't, they might not have the personality or confidence to do it but they know the rules... I'm bored of the easy touch of "it's the refs fault, he's lost control" play the ball tackle hard and in the rules and you'll be fine. Lift your fists is your own problem and be ready to accept the what's coming to you..

Pat as you say was a great man. Spoke well and had the pleasure of hearing him at a conference at Croke Park, I would take issue with some of his decisions (like I would as a supporter) when he ref'd Ya in the Ulster championship mind you.

If someone busts up your kid BC1 how will you react?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2018, 07:26:30 PM

Refs do that, and some don't, they might not have the personality or confidence to do it but they know the rules... I'm bored of the easy touch of "it's the refs fault, he's lost control" play the ball tackle hard and in the rules and you'll be fine. Lift your fists is your own problem and be ready to accept the what's coming to you..

Pat as you say was a great man. Spoke well and had the pleasure of hearing him at a conference at Croke Park, I would take issue with some of his decisions (like I would as a supporter) when he ref'd Ya in the Ulster championship mind you.

Nearly certain BC1 won't go to the peelers anyway. Plus bust is too general. If you're judas'd from behind then go ahead and get the police involved if you so wish. But for some innocuous punch, or two lads duking it out, its a bad road to go down.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 24, 2018, 08:30:34 PM

Nearly certain BC1 won't go to the peelers anyway. Plus bust is too general. If you're judas'd from behind then go ahead and get the police involved if you so wish. But for some innocuous punch, or two lads duking it out, its a bad road to go down.

I put it to you and used same thing and you said, it was the ref's fault or it's part of the game, take your medicine and move on.. so BC1 is big enough and ugly enough to respond. As far as you're concerned assaulting someone during a game is ok
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2018, 08:37:58 PM

I put it to you and used same thing and you said, it was the ref's fault or it's part of the game, take your medicine and move on.. so BC1 is big enough and ugly enough to respond. As far as you're concerned assaulting someone during a game is ok

If a man ran into the field like the Dingle man and struck a child of mine causing him serious injury I would have no issue going to the police.

Main Street

He's still alive, still refereeing and still a great man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on October 24, 2018, 11:05:06 PM

He's still alive, still refereeing and still a great man.

I was talking inter county refereeing, not dead or not refereeing, but yeah had heard he still had the whistle, very fit man was telling us his training regime.. would embarrass a few county players

Solo_run

It would be interesting to see how many cards are issued in each county over the course of the club championships

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 24, 2018, 10:12:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2018, 08:37:58 PM

If a man ran into the field like the Dingle man and struck a child of mine causing him serious injury I would have no issue going to the police.

On the disappearance of the man to be later found on the Blaney Rd in a black bin bag ;) :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rosnarun

Why is the GAA held to such different standard to other gaes just saw highlight from munsters brawl last weekend . 2 massive punch up not a peep from anywhere.
is it tat thuggery is so ingrained in Rigby that no one even notices it any more?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

JoG2

Quote from: rosnarun on October 31, 2018, 02:51:55 PM
Why is the GAA held to such different standard to other gaes just saw highlight from munsters brawl last weekend . 2 massive punch up not a peep from anywhere.
is it tat thuggery is so ingrained in Rigby that no one even notices it any more?

Any member's of the Munster management chin a player on the blind side? Any Munster players jump the fence?
List the last few massive punch ups in Rugby you've seen prior to last weekend.  Do rugby players / management usually take their punishment and move on?

rosnarun

Quote from: JoG2 on October 31, 2018, 03:06:40 PM

Any member's of the Munster management chin a player on the blind side? Any Munster players jump the fence?
List the last few massive punch ups in Rugby you've seen prior to last weekend.  Do rugby players / management usually take their punishment and move on?
why wouldn't they no one was suspended its not like anyone put his foot over the offside line ,

heres a selection of the jolly japes you rugger folk get up to
http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/5-of-rugbys-biggest-punch-ups/
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-match-erupts-violence-huge-13346032
https://vid-moon.com/video/gRT1iOANgOn5nAqZgE
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/12203069/Mass-rugby-punch-up-between-Royal-Navy-and-French-navy.html

or the legal violence that caused the premature retirements in 2018 alone of
sam wharbuton
Christian wade
Joe Marler
tim visser
james heaslip
Bryan Habana
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

JoG2

Quote from: rosnarun on October 31, 2018, 04:38:18 PM

why wouldn't they no one was suspended its not like anyone put his foot over the offside line ,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/12203069/Mass-rugby-punch-up-between-Royal-Navy-and-French-navy.html

sam wharbuton
Christian wade
Joe Marler
tim visser
james heaslip
Bryan Habana

That's me banged to rights, clips from 2014/2016 from around the globe.

trueblue1234

Seen a nice clip from the Newbridge Glenullin match last night. As cowardice an action as you'll see. The hit, and then running off to hide.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

dublin7

Quote from: rosnarun on October 31, 2018, 04:38:18 PM

sam wharbuton
Christian wade
Joe Marler
tim visser
james heaslip
Bryan Habana

Christian Wade scored a touchdown yesterday on his NFL debut.

Indivudals who take part in sport get injured. There's not a contact sport in the world were players won't ever have to retire because of injuries they might pick up competing. That's just life.

Thedifference between rugby and GAA is they are starting to take player welfare seriously. Concussion protocols are in place for any head injury, while in the GAA players are left on the pitch unless they aren't able to stand.

In rugby you go in front of a disciplinary committee for you hearing and that's that. If you get suspended, that's that. None of this ridiculous appealing based on technicalities like how the forms were filled out or where there any spelling mistakes