Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmills abu

Quote from: hurlingstick on November 13, 2016, 04:10:57 PM
The final is next Sunday with venue tbc. I'm happy to be wrong that Keady didn't perform much better than Carrickmore. I'm glad an Antrim team are into another Ulster hurling final. That means we've had representation in Junior, intermediate and Senior finals.

Yeah, I was expecting 2 tougher games to be fair. I just hope complacency doesn't set in. Boys are hungry though so fingers crossed. We lost 2012 final so that will serve as extra motivation.

hurlingstick

The hunger was evident today. Really physical game. Keady just lacked ability up front. I'd rather have those 2 games (even though they were easy) as preparation than training sessions or friendlies. When Paul McCormick came on late in the game he looked Keady's best forward. He scored from play immediately.

Cmills abu

Surprised he didn't get more time but getting on abit I suppose.

Seamroga in exile

Congrats to the young fellas in Dunloy. They've been outstanding all year.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

A great team ......clean sweep!!

Milltown Row2

Refd Keady last week, they were missing a few of their better players so thought it be an uphill struggle for them today, well done Cloughmills hopefully you get to the All Ireland series and achieve your dreams!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Nice to see Dunloy winning Ulster, a great club fair play.

Cmills abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 05:48:45 PM
Refd Keady last week, they were missing a few of their better players so thought it be an uphill struggle for them today, well done Cloughmills hopefully you get to the All Ireland series and achieve your dreams!!

Winning ulster would be great. Considering the Kilkenny intermediate champions were in the Kilkenny senior championship final a few seasons ago and the Waterford champion have the shanahan brothers it certainly may be just a dream ;-)

bannside

Ten points from Conal Doherty Cunning in a man of the match display.  Think we will all be hearing a lot more about this lad in the near future. Well done Dunloy.

WTF u on about?

Well done Dunloy and Cloughmills. Hopefully Cmills can push on this time after losing their two previous finals. From talking to a few of their players they're certainly taking nothing for granted and will give Coleraine the same respect they've given every team they've played this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WTF u on about? on November 13, 2016, 07:42:38 PM
Well done Dunloy and Cloughmills. Hopefully Cmills can push on this time after losing their two previous finals. From talking to a few of their players they're certainly taking nothing for granted and will give Coleraine the same respect they've given every team they've played this year.
Those Derry teams never give up and are physical, I'd say rusty as feck but Cloughmills are physical themselves. So fight the fight and hopefully the skill sets of the Biddies should win the game!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WTF u on about?

That's the challenge for any Antrim teams whenever they venture into Ulster and beyond. To match that physicality (within the rules) whilst  not forgetting they are there to play hurling. Certainly Cmills are better set up for this challenge this year esp in the forward line. Some of their forwards would be of the 'chunkier' variety than they had previously!

Milltown Row2

Which begs the question why are we physically smaller (in the main) than other counties???

WTF u on about?

We shouldn't be really. Maybe it's just down to how we view certain players for certain positions e.g. Small nippy players in corner forward and corner back. There's nearly a third of the team wee squirts to start with! Whereas in Kilkenny nearly the whole team  bar a couple( these two players are normally bad wee b@£t@!£s) are huge! Perhaps a more football mentality of picking  big strong fast players, obviously who can hurl a bit over the smaller more skilful players. How many times have u looked at certain players on county teams and said to yourself he's not built like a county player.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WTF u on about? on November 13, 2016, 09:35:36 PM
We shouldn't be really. Maybe it's just down to how we view certain players for certain positions e.g. Small nippy players in corner forward and corner back. There's nearly a third of the team wee squirts to start with! Whereas in Kilkenny nearly the whole team  bar a couple( these two players are normally bad wee b@£t@!£s) are huge! Perhaps a more football mentality of picking  big strong fast players, obviously who can hurl a bit over the smaller more skilful players. How many times have u looked at certain players on county teams and said to yourself he's not built like a county player.

You do have exceptions.. hogan dj and few others