Reconditioned iPhones

Started by BennyCake, October 10, 2018, 03:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Anyone ever bought a reconditioned iphone

Are they worth taking a gamble on

Any info welcome (price, where to buy etc)

omaghjoe

The wife gets one thru an alternative type network here in the US. She's had them 2 years each...traded up for tech reason. Both seemed to work fine however she did buy it from the network who need her business so they have a vested interested in keeping it going.

giveherlong

Quote from: BennyCake on October 10, 2018, 03:36:34 PM

Have bought several down through the years

Try Game in Belfast City Centre. They have good selection and will give you a few pound for your trade in.

Also bought from Omagh Telecomms

BennyCake

Quote from: giveherlong on October 10, 2018, 08:27:20 PM

Try Game in Belfast City Centre. They have good selection and will give you a few pound for your trade in.

Did they last long

giveherlong

Quote from: BennyCake on October 11, 2018, 10:55:44 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on October 10, 2018, 08:27:20 PM

Did they last long

Never had any problems with them.
Only damage was broken screens which often worked out cheaper to replace the entire phone
No battery issues or performance problems
Currently on iPhone SE bought in Game

Main Street

I'd have no problem with buying an iPhone from Game but I'd want to check it out first before buying. Their claim of refurbishment  fully tickles my reservoir of disbelief. What are they going to refurbish in a s/h phone? If the screen is not cracked and the battery is healthy, then the phone is not broken, it would be stupid to open up the back of the iphone and refurbish it,  whatever their actual definition of refurbishment is.

general

Safer with a Samsung - Iphones have confessed to slowing down speeds of phones that arent the newer ones

mick999

I've bought 2 iphones through this company : https://second-handphones.com/

Shipped next day delivery and both worked perfectly. Prices were way better that anything I could get locally ..

Boycey

On the subject of reconditioned iPhones my other half got a new upgrade iPhone the other day and I know in my heart and soul it'll be my job to flog the old one. Its an iPhone 6s and it'll be in mint condition as she's had a screen protector and cover on it from day one, I'm sure she has the box and all the fittings in pristine condition too (OCD :)).

If anyone is interested drop me a message, I've no clue whats a fair price as I don't know the capacity of it or the market value but I'll not be too hard dealt with... I'll get it unlocked too.

giveherlong

Quote from: mick999 on October 12, 2018, 10:42:07 AM

Shipped next day delivery and both worked perfectly. Prices were way better that anything I could get locally ..

Just bought one off that website today
About £75 cheaper than 2 high street stores
Fingers crossed it doesn't give any bother

Main Street

Quote from: giveherlong on November 28, 2018, 03:42:17 PM
Quote from: mick999 on October 12, 2018, 10:42:07 AM

Just bought one off that website today
About £75 cheaper than 2 high street stores
Fingers crossed it doesn't give any bother
That's good to hear, let us know if it met the product description.

Boycey

Hi all, have an iPhone 7 Plus, 128gb, white, in pristine condition. Screen Protector and case on it since day one. I also have box and all accessories and it is unlocked.

Looking €450.

Over the Bar

CEX give a 2 year warranty on all used phones and other tech. Hard to beat that.