The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Is it true that the taxi driver saw blood on the girls trousers?

Is it true that there are two 'lads' clubs in Ulster Rugby who race each other for the most conquests?

Is it true that a rugby loving policeman tipped off the Ulster Rugby management , giving Jackson and co time to wipe their phones and destroy their clothing?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

TabClear

Quote from: Hound on March 21, 2018, 09:13:27 AM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 21, 2018, 08:39:21 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 21, 2018, 05:20:25 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 21, 2018, 12:56:51 AM
Was the general consensus not that Jackson did ok?
I havent seen the media comment on whether he was good or bad. The lynch mob on here were going to say he was terrible regardless. There were certainly a lot more inconsistencies in the defence's evidence which is to be expected as there were 4 of them and everyone was drunk. There are enough gaps and contradictions between the girl's evidence and her earlier statements for PJ and Olding to almost certainly get off though. I thought she did sound coached in some of her comments. "I utterly refute everything you have just said" struck me as an unnatural response from a 19 year old but then she can hardly say "you're full of shit" in court either.

I did hear a rumour her parents work in the field - dad either a judge or barrister and mum a solicitor.  (could be b*llshit though)
Dunno about that, but she came across as extremely well coached. She had pre-prepared lines for whenever she was accused of an inconsistency or whenever the defense lawyers were stating or implying something she disagreed with. She seemed to elaborate whenever she could, rather than sticking to Yes/No answers. Overall it seemed to me that she had a confident and coherent answer for pretty much every single question asked. The exact way I'd want to be if I was being questioned in court.

I've no doubt Jackson came across well. Anytime he's been interviewed he comes across as very likeable. Whether you believe the message is another story.
The issue with all the lads testimonies was the inconsistencies. I think the difference between Jackson and Olding could probably be explained by drink. McIlroy is pure fantasy! It would seem that there was never a time when the 4 lads and the 4 (or more) lawyers got in a room to come up with a strategy. Unless the strategy was to come up with 4 independent strategies!

Not sure if you were serious Hound but I was wondering if this would this be a valid approach for the defendants collectively to come up with? i.e. have such a complex/inconsistent/we were drunk  story between the four that the jury not only has to decide if they believe the girl or not but also which version of the defendants stories is valid? Certainly creates additional doubt but would strike me as unlikely/high risk. Is the more likely scenario "every man for himself"?

AQMP

Quote from: Orior on March 21, 2018, 09:28:42 AM

Is it true that there are two 'lads' clubs in Ulster Rugby who race each other for the most conquests?

Is it true that a rugby loving policeman tipped off the Ulster Rugby management , giving Jackson and co time to wipe their phones and destroy their clothing?

1.  I think there was a stain (blood?) on his car seat.
2.  No idea
3.  No idea.  The PSNI contacted Ulster Rugby supposedly to ask Jackson and Olding to attend at a police station.  I'm not sure (can't remember) if they contacted McIlroy and Harrison directly.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AQMP on March 21, 2018, 09:37:20 AM

2.  No idea
3.  No idea.  The PSNI contacted Ulster Rugby supposedly to ask Jackson and Olding to attend at a police station.  I'm not sure (can't remember) if they contacted McIlroy and Harrison directly.

Heard from a relative of mine who lives close to Belfast that apparently hiding handbags in his bedroom is a regular tactic for PJ. Most likely BS too.

Hound

2.  No idea

1. The big unknown is whether it was menstrual or not. Examining doctor said it wasn't. Defence doctor said the examining doctor was borderline incompetent because of the pictures he took, and that if the pictures were taken properly it could have likely proven one way or other where the blood came from. She said that a 1cm cut could not have produced that amount of blood in her opinion.
2. Completely irrelevant! And utterly widespread I'd imagine.
3. I thought it was very unusual the cops went to their employers first. Les Kiss called Paddy Jackson to say police are here, you need to come here now. I didnt see it as being done that way for their benefit, but maybe others see it differently.

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 21, 2018, 10:21:28 AM

2.  No idea

Heard from a relative of mine who lives close to Belfast that apparently hiding handbags in his bedroom is a regular tactic for PJ. Most likely BS too.

So he takes handbags from the living room and puts them in his bedroom?

Girl says: Where's my handbag gone?
PJ: I've no idea. But maybe you should check my bedroom.  ;D

"Most likely BS too" !!

Utterly ridiculous

Milltown Row2

the old, hide the handbag in the bed room routine, I still try that but the wife is getting worried that I'll be trying on her dresses next
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2018, 11:27:30 AM
the old, hide the handbag in the bed room routine, I still try that but the wife is getting worried that I'll be trying on her dresses next

Nearly as bad as my dad's old, 'off to get the milk and papers' Sunday morning routine, you don't usually see him then until 1800 or shortly after, paperless and seems to have drank everything but the milk  ;)

theskull1

Got from the GAA referee coaching manual MR? Teaching youse how to become (if not already) devious hoorbags  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AQMP

Don't be at it MR2, it's awful hard to explain :-[

Asal Mor

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 21, 2018, 10:21:28 AM

2.  No idea

Fair play for posting it anyway Seanie. Imagine your reaction if someone posted a rumour that denigrated the girl in a similar way. As long as it was followed by "Most likely BS too" you'd be grand with it no doubt.

AZOffaly

I think that was Seanie's point lads.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on March 21, 2018, 11:35:02 AM

Got from the GAA referee coaching manual MR? Teaching youse how to become (if not already) devious hoorbags  ;)

I'm still waiting on the brown envelope in the ref's room,generally the only thing brown in there is someones pooh!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Asal Mor

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 21, 2018, 11:58:56 AM
I think that was Seanie's point lads.
There is a double standard though. Numerous rumours have been posted on this thread about Jackson's womanising ways and the regular goings on at his house. If for example,  someone posted a rumour they'd  heard that the girl was mad for it but inclined to be remorseful about it in the morning, they'd be absolutely set upon.