Ophelia

Started by J70, October 12, 2017, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

To those who say it was a nothing event. Be very thankful it brushed past because for many it didn't.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on October 16, 2017, 10:55:11 PM
3 deaths, 350,000 houses without electricity isn't exactly "nothing".
How may deaths if we had full on daily business and lorry traffic, commuter travel and countless thousands of schoolkids and students all out and about?
And it was bloody bad in Southern parts and Salthill of course.

I don't know? How many? We still have clampits out kite surfing, swimming off Salthill pier and walking up mountains putting more people at harm (emergency services)

So now the add ons are 350,000 without electricity! f**k give it up! Been plenty storms where electric goes out, but hey, it comes back on again! Living out in the sticks you'd have thought you boys would be used to no electric
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

It's still blustery here in Tipp. Did anyone see the trampoline on top of the steeple in Moate? Imagine if that came down in a car....

Rossfan

Milltown rural electrifiction came to Ros in the 1950s 25 years before the 6 Cos "sticks".
Probably 20 lives saved today by the Christmas day like closedown.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gold

Hasnt stopped where i am but im halfway up a mountain at edge of Belfast.  Anything not tied down has disappeared

If all hadnt been sent home early there would have been many more fatalities

RIP to the 3 and god bless their families

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Cunny Funt

The late 90s on Christmas eve was a worse storm with little warning about it unlike today with non stop coverage on TV or social media. Thankfully this storm wasn't as bad but unfortunately it was still a storm that claimed the lives of 3 people RIP.

omaghjoe

98 wasnt it?
Followed by a brutal freeze burst pipes everyroad

There was a bit one mid noughties too wasnt there? Brought down a tear of trees around us

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 17, 2017, 01:46:15 AM
The late 90s on Christmas eve was a worse storm with little warning about it unlike today with non stop coverage on TV or social media. Thankfully this storm wasn't as bad but unfortunately it was still a storm that claimed the lives of 3 people RIP.
Stephen's Day 98 I think it was, was quite a bad storm that day.

We seem not to have been too badly affected around here anyway, the winds a bit bigger than what we sometimes get but not drastically so.

AZOffaly

Orior

Is that a 2 points or 3 points score?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

HiMucker

GJL

Orior

The whole question of insensitivity is exemplified by this story on an Ann Frank costume:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41651066

Was it insensitive or not?

Can I still wear a Nazi uniform ato a fancy dress party?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians