Started by Itchy, May 04, 2017, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Results tonight in Leinster:
Westmeath 1-12 Offaly 2-7
Meath 1-15 Dublin 1-10
Wicklow 1-7 Longford 2-13
Laois 7-15 Louth 0-3
Kildare 2-12 Carlow 1-10 (last minute goal for carlow made the scoreline look more competitive and Kildare minors weren't selected so not that bad a result.)

Hope for Meath but Dublin may not have been at full strenght either. There is a back door same as at minor.

laoislad

Close game between Laois and Louth.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 28, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
Meath 1-15 Dublin 1-10

Hope for Meath but Dublin may not have been at full strenght either. There is a back door same as at minor.

Didnt hear that we were missing anyone. For sure, the only U18 starter who is U17 played.
But like the minor game, got off to an awful start. Meath went 8-0 up. Unlike ther minor game, we couldn't claw them back! I would expect us to improve though, and if we happened to play Meath again I'd say it'd be a 50/50 game.

twohands!!!

Quote from: laoislad on June 28, 2017, 09:51:00 PM

Is it an especially strong Laois side or were Louth just very poor.

You think Laois would surely be in with a shout at Leinster if they are putting up that kind of a scoreline.

SCFC

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 29, 2017, 02:52:14 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 28, 2017, 09:51:00 PM

Is it an especially strong Laois side or were Louth just very poor.

You think Laois would surely be in with a shout at Leinster if they are putting up that kind of a scoreline.
Louth are still in the minor and hadn't got a few under 17s. 13 of the starting Laois 15 had played in the minor championship.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Couldn't find a minor thread but given the fact that the Under 17 champonship is clearly now of more importance I'll mention tonights minor game here. Dublin won by 1-16 to 0-14 points in the end in a competitive enjoyable enough game in front of a very decent Newbridge crowd. The difference betwen the teams was James Doran who was unplayable at centre forward for Dublin, they are average enough in general but are a very big team and had a well organised blanket defence.
Kildare were solid enough and had the majority of posession but we lacked just a tiny bit of quality in some key positions. 5  of these players are now available for the U17s where they may excell.

John Hickey reffed it and remains excellent in my view, he allows games to flow and is fair.

Rossfan

Ros v Galway in the Connacht U17 Final Saturday in the Prenty Centre.
Dublin's dominance of Leinster continues -won U21 and will most likely win the Senior and Minor.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

nrico2006

Is the u-17 championship set-up like the minors to treat the ulser sides unfairly, i.e. is there a back door in every other province but none in Ulster?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 06, 2017, 08:43:44 AM
Is the u-17 championship set-up like the minors to treat the ulser sides unfairly, i.e. is there a back door in every other province but none in Ulster?

Thats the Ulster Councils fault, nobody elses!

nrico2006

Quote from: johnneycool on July 06, 2017, 10:24:22 AM

Yep, but should have been sorted along time ago.  Unbelievable how teams have an advantage over others.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossfan

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 06, 2017, 10:47:22 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 06, 2017, 10:24:22 AM

Yep, but should have been sorted along time ago.  Unbelievable how teams have an advantage over others.
Totally a matter for your own crowd.
Connacht was totally knock out too for your info.

The overall format from 2018 on hasn't been decided yet as far as I know.

galwayman

I would imagine Galway will be without several players who are on the minor squad that play the Connacht final against Sligo the next day.
3 u17s started against the Mayo minors and 2 more came off the bench. I think there may be a few more on the squad also not 100% sure.

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on July 06, 2017, 11:07:12 AM
I would imagine Galway will be without several players who are on the minor squad that play the Connacht final against Sligo the next day.
3 u17s started against the Mayo minors and 2 more came off the bench. I think there may be a few more on the squad also not 100% sure.

Eh? Why would you imagine that? This is the new minor grade so it's on the same level as the last U18 final - I'd expect Galway to name a full strength team for Saturday and play some lads a bit gassed on Sunday.

Rossfan

Jases Syfīn you talk some shyte.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2017, 03:06:00 PM
Jases Syfīn you talk some shyte.

Nonsense, as usual. It happens regularly between many grades. I don't know the number of times I've saw or hear lads play club/county/college on a Saturday and then being asked to line out the next day again. Why anyone would think this situation above any of the others would result in caution being exercised I do not know.