Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

his holiness nb

This guy,

no wait,

forget it  :(

"A man, who was pronounced dead in hospital, was later found to be very much alive when mortuary staff came to collect him from what they thought was his deathbed.

Staff had declared the man dead
His family had been informed that he had died and were grieving before the mistake was noticed.

The unnamed disabled man in his 30s has since been discharged and returned home.

His death was mistakenly certified in Dublin's Mater hospital on Easter Sunday – a date closely associated with miraculous resurrections although in this case the patient did not die in the first place.

Today a spokesman for the Mater, which was established by the Roman Catholic Sisters of Mercy in 1861, confirmed that the incident took place.

advertisementWhile management have set up an inquiry to establish how the error happened.

"This incident has occurred and it is under internal investigation at the moment," a spokesman said.

It is understood ward staff declared the man dead and contacted morticians so that the body could be collected.

The man's family were contacted around the same time and informed of their supposed loss.

A source close to the hospital told the Irish Times: "This man certainly was pronounced dead and, some time later, I understand he was very much alive."

Another source said: "Relatives were informed that this man had died, and when a guy from the morgue came up to collect his body, he said he wasn't dead at all."

He added: "Needless to say, the hospital is very perturbed at what happened."
Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

Shergar, moments after the abduction by the Cheskonov family in Navan.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Evil Genius

The mutt belonging to the father of famous Scouse comedian, Ken Dodd, has passed away:

Yup, Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

neutral

Mac hinery

Some say the divil is dead

ardal

the devil, the devil is dead

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mac hinery on April 26, 2007, 11:39:04 PM

Quote from: ardal on April 26, 2007, 11:41:29 PM

Any truth in the rumour that he's buried in Killarney?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ardal

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 26, 2007, 11:44:38 PM

Quote from: Mac hinery on April 26, 2007, 11:39:04 PM

Quote from: ardal on April 26, 2007, 11:41:29 PM

Any truth in the rumour that he's buried in Killarney?

Wouldn't know about that, but I'm reliably informed he's joined the british army

The Real Laoislad

QuoteWouldn't know about that, but I'm reliably informed he's joined the british army

So he rose again  :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

No, he wasn't treated at the Mater
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 26, 2007, 03:56:34 PM
The mutt belonging to the father of famous Scouse comedian, Ken Dodd, has passed away:

Yup, Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead... ;)

I'm not entirely tickled by that Evil Genius.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians