Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 16, 2016, 04:55:43 PM
Some of you hoors should just offer a service selling and configuring these boxes and save a lot of the pain.

That's half the problem - people are too scared of the technology will gladly pay 40 or 50 quid to have someone do something they could do themselves in 10 minutes simply by following a YouTube video

Boycey

I've learned with android boxes that you are as well figuring it out yourself because the add-on that is must have now will be obsolete in no time...

Sportsmania being the honourable exception but I suppose that's because its a premium service..

Gaffer

Long story but I also have Smoothstreams TV as well as Sportsmania. Anyone else got Smoothstreams? It is as reliable as Mania and about 7 quid per month. It's invite only though. It's closed for most of the year to new subscribers.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

DickyRock

Cheers lads. Was about to pay for a 1 day sky sports pass. Thought I may as well try out sportsmania for a month. Great stream of the liverpool match - will be subscribing for the year when the month is up.

One thing that did annoy me was that they sent my password in email - good job I use a different password for every site.

gallsman

It's not what you'd call the most professional of setups...

Payment processing is secure as they use Stripe but beyond that, don't expect much. Any issues with them, getting onto them on twitter is usually the best option.

Gaffer

They also have a very good Facebook page. It's for their subscribers only and it's very active, mostly with people praising their work but also for people who are having problems with streaming.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

trueblue1234

I've been trying to load sportsmania onto a firestick but when I go to install it keeps saying no dependancies or something. I've tried to do it a few times to no avail. Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

lurganblue

I'm coming towards the end of my subscription with Overlord TV which in the main has been decent.  The only time it struggled for me was during the GGG v Brook PPV night.  How does sports mania handle big events such as this? any issues?

ludermor

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 16, 2016, 11:17:28 AM
Sportsmania is a paid subscription add-on with access to all the sports channels you'll ever need around the world.

All 3pm kick-offs, box office, live sports etc etc.  You also get movies and boxsets or whatever.

It's cheap too.

Various options.... £12 for a month, £17 for 3 months, £27 for 6 months.  £50 for a year or whatever.

It's the only thing I ever use.
Sportsmania really is the dogs bollix and its got Rte 1 & 2 as well for those away from the motherland

gallsman

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 25, 2016, 10:30:22 PM
I've been trying to load sportsmania onto a firestick but when I go to install it keeps saying no dependancies or something. I've tried to do it a few times to no avail. Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?

What have you been trying to install? The apk for their dedicated android app or have you been trying to install the Kodi add-on?

trueblue1234

I was trying to add the Kodi add on but that's just cause I thought that was the way to do it? I'm going to give the paid version a go, so what should I be doing? I tried looking at the SEO Michael boyo online but then kept getting the dependencies error.

If you having already guessed I'm not very IT......  :-[

gallsman

Have you managed to install kodi to begin with?

trueblue1234

Yeah I have Kodi installed and had a build on it but thought it was fairly slow when watching some of the live sports. Great for movies but seemed to buffer a bit on sports. It actually gradually got worse so I got rid of the build and downloaded exodus for movies and then was going to get the sportsmania subscription up and running. I never really used it for anything else. But struggling to get Sportsmania downloaded.

gallsman

Do you have the sportsmania repo installed? Follow the SEO Michael tips step by step and it'll work.

Smokin Joe

I need some help folks.

I subscribe to SportsMania, and I watch it through Kodi on my Firestick.  But having read the recent threads I wanted to try watching Sportsmania through Matrix TV Browser; I think this is the way that was meant when people said "watch SportsMain through its own app".

I downloaded the Matrix TV Browser and sideloaded it onto my Firestick.  When I open the Matrix TV Browser app I get a message telling me "Please install Player for streaming video", but it then tries to open a link on the Amazon App store that takes me to MX Player.  However, when I try to get MX Player I am told that it is incompatible with my device.

Just to be clear, the pop up message I get upon opening Matrix means that I cannot enter SportsMania's  URL.

Am I doing something wrong?  How else do you guys watch SportsMania on the Firestick without going through Kodi?