RIP.
One of my all time favourite bands.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Dougal Maguire

Windsor Davies aged 88
Careful now

Shamrock Shore

Boycey

As a kid I could never understand what was supposed to be funny about It Ain't Half Hot Mum and I'd say it hasn't aged well either.

thebuzz

Quote from: Boycey on January 19, 2019, 12:55:04 PM
As a kid I could never understand what was supposed to be funny about It Ain't Half Hot Mum and I'd say it hasn't aged well either.
It would be considered very politically incorrect nowadays.

Boycey

Quote from: thebuzz on January 19, 2019, 07:38:07 PM

Or even downright racist  ;D

stephenite

gallsman

Dougal Maguire

It was on a hiding to nothing as it came after Dad's Army. I found it reasonably funny. Problem nowadays is that we're so politically correct there are no good sitcoms on TV any more. Ironic that the liberals who promote freedom of expression are actually strangling it with their political correctness. We're being forced further and further down a puritanical road
Careful now

Over the Bar

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 25, 2019, 05:39:19 PM
It was on a hiding to nothing as it came after Dad's Army. I found it reasonably funny. Problem nowadays is that we're so politically correct there are no good sitcoms on TV any more. Ironic that the liberals who promote freedom of expression are actually strangling it with their political correctness. We're being forced further and further down a puritanical road

So you'd prefer shows like Love Thy Neighbour than the leftie crap we have nowadays without good ole paki and sootie jokes?

Dougal Maguire

Just gave my opinion chief. You're quoting a pretty extreme show there but as with all shows of that nature the bigot was always the idiot and the joke was always on him.
Careful now

Boycey

Alf Garnett was a bigot but he was brilliantly funny...