Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 14, 2022, 01:53:30 PM
40 euro for a ticket is disgraceful, especially with the price of diesel and food.
We are ripping off our own people

Don't worry.  The GAA will be making the cash when Garth Brooks comes to town.  :)

full moon

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 14, 2022, 01:53:30 PM
40 euro for a ticket is disgraceful, especially with the price of diesel and food.
We are ripping off our own people
Shameful stuff especially since most fans aren't bothered about staying for double headers. Theres a big gap between matches now of 45 minutes.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: full moon on June 14, 2022, 01:44:38 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 14, 2022, 12:15:35 PM
A lot of complaining online looking quarter finals out of Croke Park. I'd say the Saturday will be around 40,000 and the Sunday could hit near 60,000. That more than justify's opening croke park. For all the talk about the other venues the biggest thing they all lack is seating. The likes of Limerick, Thurles and Cork all are heavily reliant on terracing for their large capacities. Croke Park is much more family friendly.
Are we now at the stage that less than half full Croke Park with 40k is a good attendance?  Years ago these games would sell out. Surely alarm bells are ringing in GAA HQ? Their plan seems to be milk the remaining match goers of every penny.

Both hurling QFS will be sell outs in Thurles

Louther

I listened to examiner podcast and the presenter had a good rant regards ticket prices in current climate and cost of living at present etc.

A lot of weight put into GAA been a community organisation and should reflect that in pricing and accessibility for families.

I get that. My big bug bear is that there is too much variation in ticketing from game to game and province ti province plus the facilities from venue to venue varies.

But there has to be a price on something. I always go to the All Ireland semis, at least one. The kids tickets are great value even at that stage for the games on show and have got some brilliant games over the years.

The discussion was very negative until McConville said he had family tickets for €60 into clones for seats for 2+2. That's serious value.

Why don't we focus on these ticketing structures and push them. They where giving people reasons not to travel including 2 families from Offaly who decided against it due to price of tickets plus travel.

It's a choice at end of the day and there is limited games in the championship. You may have to sacrifice to get there on the day and cut your cloth accordingly if you are going. But I don't think it's anyway prohibitive at present. I see people tweeting they not going cause they can't afford to stay over. Which is fair enough at current pricing round Dublin but they then rule out the whole game. Rather than saying I have to go, it's an outing at home instead.

Run coaches to games, competing counties get X amount of tickets to take an underage team. In some counties they even organise club games on the day of games.

What I'm kinda saying is the GAA need to think of ways to make people go to the game. Pricing is one, entertaining is another (sack all inter county managers and let teenagers set the teams up), promotion is another, fair venues another. It's a package.

We like to sneer and look down at soccer supporters over the water and think we have a better supporter base here. But the loyalty and commitment they give to tickets, travel 4/5 hours on away trips, number of games per season etc. it makes the current excuses and attendance levels laughable. I'd say at county level, the bandwagon supporter makes up over half of support for all counties. Higher in others where they only attend 3/4 games a year yet moan and vent about the venue/price/tickets all the same.

Blowitupref

Quote from: full moon on June 14, 2022, 11:48:55 AM
Attendance was 16,425 for Mayo Kildare and Clare Roscommon, reported today. Tailteann Cup semis will probably be 20k or so? Still not much for 82,000 seater.

Petrol is over €2.20 doesn't seem like government care about that either.

People voted with their feet those games on Saturday should never have been scheduled for Croke Park.  Pearse Stadium for Clare v Roscomon and Tullamore or Hyde Park for Kildare v Mayo was more suitable.

As for the Tailteann cup semi finals. What does the lower Hogan stand hold? as the rest of the ground will be closed.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 14, 2022, 03:59:19 PM
Quote from: full moon on June 14, 2022, 11:48:55 AM
Attendance was 16,425 for Mayo Kildare and Clare Roscommon, reported today. Tailteann Cup semis will probably be 20k or so? Still not much for 82,000 seater.

Petrol is over €2.20 doesn't seem like government care about that either.

People voted with their feet those games on Saturday should never have been scheduled for Croke Park.  Pearse Stadium for Clare v Roscomon and Tullamore or Hyde Park for Kildare v Mayo was more suitable.

As for the Tailteann cup semi finals. What does the lower Hogan stand hold? as the rest of the ground will be closed.

Pearse Stadium is a hoor to get to.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

So 24,000 tickets sold for Saturday's QF and 35,000 sold for Sunday. This is only ticketmaster sales, so doesn't include season tickets and county board allocations. So probably heading for 50k and 60k plus attendances. Should make for a great weekend.

general_lee

Trains sold out for Armagh fans going down in 20mins , they're looking at putting on another one - demand is definitely there.

Armagh18

Quote from: general_lee on June 15, 2022, 08:06:33 AM
Trains sold out for Armagh fans going down in 20mins , they're looking at putting on another one - demand is definitely there.
Croker is gonna be orange. Don't think I know too many that aren't going

tiempo

Sounds promising and is great to see some of these novel pairings

Jumping the gun slightly but would people expect a Dublin Kerry semi final to be close to a sell out?

marty34

Is this the best system now, in terms of the draw, and then it's going to be changed.

Thought it worked well with the Tailltean Cup alongside the qualifiers.

tiempo

Quote from: marty34 on June 15, 2022, 09:21:59 AM
Is this the best system now, in terms of the draw, and then it's going to be changed.

Thought it worked well with the Tailltean Cup alongside the qualifiers.

The best system and best rules (with exception of forward mark) and we'll spend eons of time tweaking and changing for no reason instead of addressing proper issues like affordability and imbalance in funding

Louther

The pairings have helped but may also be the fact that it's knockout and that last weekend was entertaining and positive games with well matched teams. Feel good factor.

yellowcard

Is this new system of buying tickets through Ticketmaster going to be in place for the AI final? This first come first served basis is fine when its not a sell out but I imagine that some genuine GAA people will miss out on tickets and that bandwagon supporters and touts will benefit. Hopefully they will distribute tickets through the participating counties when it gets to AI final day.