Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

A game at 6pm.
The price of accommodation in Dublin.
The cost of fuel.
The distance involved
The time involved.
The cost of tickets
The lessening belief in the contenders involved.
The change in values since Covid.
The change in disposable income.

whitey

Three games in the space of a month, 2 of which are away games is a stretch for a lot of people

On the other side, Mayo have a lot of supporters located in Dublin (and the environs) so Croke Park knew they essentially had a home base from which to attract to this game

Captain Scarlet

True re the Mayo people in Dublin but no Mayo families with kids could swing that trip.
Like I know people compare matches but there is a lot of cash to fork out over a short period of time if you want to watch your team. Like there is a cost of living crisis which the GAA don't seem to acknowledge at all.

Even deals with transport with your ticket and so on would be great.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Blowitupref

What was the official attendance given for yesterday's double header in Croke park. Expected was 20,000 but looked well below that.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eire90

no games should be held in croke park unless they think they can get at least 60k but maybe they thought that.

restorepride

Quote from: Eire90 on June 12, 2022, 03:06:06 PM
no games should be held in croke park unless they think they can get at least 60k but maybe they thought that.
What a stupid comment. No club finals in Croke Park??!!

Eire90

Quote from: restorepride on June 12, 2022, 03:14:34 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on June 12, 2022, 03:06:06 PM
What a stupid comment. No club finals in Croke Park??!!

i was thinking about that maybe you could make an exemption for club finals seeing they have to play far more games to get their rather some counties who only have win one game

full moon

Attendance was 16,425 for Mayo Kildare and Clare Roscommon, reported today. Tailteann Cup semis will probably be 20k or so? Still not much for 82,000 seater.

Petrol is over €2.20 doesn't seem like government care about that either.

marty34

Quote from: full moon on June 14, 2022, 11:48:55 AM
Attendance was 16,425 for Mayo Kildare and Clare Roscommon, reported today. Tailteann Cup semis will probably be 20k or so? Still not much for 82,000 seater.

How much would a 20, 000 seater stadium cost?

yellowcard

Quote from: full moon on June 14, 2022, 11:48:55 AM

I'd say 20k for Tailteann Cup won't be far away but I think the GAA is doing the right thing playing those matches there. I'd say about 50k on both days for the AI quarter finals.   

clarshack

realistically Croke Park is only going to be full to capacity twice a year with the football and hurling finals and it's become a white elephant sadly.

Redhand Santa

A lot of complaining online looking quarter finals out of Croke Park. I'd say the Saturday will be around 40,000 and the Sunday could hit near 60,000. That more than justify's opening croke park. For all the talk about the other venues the biggest thing they all lack is seating. The likes of Limerick, Thurles and Cork all are heavily reliant on terracing for their large capacities. Croke Park is much more family friendly.

full moon

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 14, 2022, 12:15:35 PM
A lot of complaining online looking quarter finals out of Croke Park. I'd say the Saturday will be around 40,000 and the Sunday could hit near 60,000. That more than justify's opening croke park. For all the talk about the other venues the biggest thing they all lack is seating. The likes of Limerick, Thurles and Cork all are heavily reliant on terracing for their large capacities. Croke Park is much more family friendly.
Are we now at the stage that less than half full Croke Park with 40k is a good attendance?  Years ago these games would sell out. Surely alarm bells are ringing in GAA HQ? Their plan seems to be milk the remaining match goers of every penny.

Truth hurts

40 euro for a ticket is disgraceful, especially with the price of diesel and food.
We are ripping off our own people

full moon

Croke Park HQ treat their supporters like cash machines and ignore everything they say.  Lots of little cash grabs like stopping cash paid at the gate badly affected elderly fans. GAA were warned about it by Age Action Ireland but ignored. They then targeted families by charging in for children which should be free. Are they trying to grow the sport or destroy it?  The ticket price increase on top of fuel and accommodation crisis is disgraceful.

Lots of these guys like Tom Ryan and co seem to be on the gravy train in highly paid jobs. I'm not sure many need to be elected or how it works. But many need to be replaced.