Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on May 16, 2022, 01:54:59 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 16, 2022, 12:10:39 PM
Derry v Monaghan  wasnt full house, a lot of gaps in seats.

Limrick V Clare must have had near 20K

The stand was sold out was it not? 14.5k in is what I heard

Thought I heard 18.. It looked packed to the rafters anyway and generated a great atmosphere
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

full moon

With some of these attendances seem fairly off, you'd wonder if the grounds capacity are lower or not accurate. I know Clones was lowered due to Health and Safety like others.

Be interesting to note the Ulster final attendance, I'd say that will sell out with Derry in it now too, so that should show what the max capacity is.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: full moon on May 15, 2022, 03:00:40 PM
Looking like a very poor turnout in Croke Park today for Leinster semi finals. Although can't get a stream of it to confirm but few tweets indicating it. Very poor decision from Leinster council to put it there and not even double up the U20 game.

GAA reaping what they sow now with ticketing shambles also, football crowds are struggling mostly due to poor GAA administration decisions from Croke Park.

Forget about twitter for your "information". There was over 38,000 in Croker yesterday.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Bord na Mona man

Grounds seem "almost full" even when filled to 3/4 capacity because people stand a bit further apart on the terraces and the stands will have a sprinkling of empty seats that you don't spot from far away.
The full house capacity for grounds would still have a tight enough space allocation on a terrace(persons per sq metre), where you'll be shoulder-to-shoulder to the person either side of you and the steps in front and behind of you won't necessarily be empty.

twohands!!!

12,451 at the Leinster Hurling Minor Final between Offaly and Laois.
The novel pairing helped but still fair going for a Monday evening.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on May 16, 2022, 03:36:10 PM
Looking like a very poor turnout in Croke Park today for Leinster semi finals. Although can't get a stream of it to confirm but few tweets indicating it. Very poor decision from Leinster council to put it there and not even double up the U20 game.

GAA reaping what they sow now with ticketing shambles also, football crowds are struggling mostly due to poor GAA administration decisions from Croke Park.

Forget about twitter for your "information". There was over 38,000 in Croker yesterday.

That's not magnificent though. Not tbat long ago they were full houses. Every other sport is seeing a significant bump post Covid. But they are doing mad shit like going out and marketing their games

Hound

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 17, 2022, 01:20:06 AM

That's not magnificent though. Not tbat long ago they were full houses. Every other sport is seeing a significant bump post Covid. But they are doing mad shit like going out and marketing their games
Only 21k at Munster v Exeter.
40k at Munster v Toulouse and 42k at Leinster v Toulouse. The biggest game of the season to date for both Irish sides.
FAI cup final had 37k.
38k at a Leinster semis, with the result of both games pretty much a foregone conclusion, was quite impressive I thought.

The timing of the Leinster final will impact numbers, but I expect good attendances at all the QFs

Redhand Santa

The Derry Monaghan game showed the benefit of playing early round games at appropriate venues. It creates a far better atmosphere and comes across better on tv (which will help attendances at future games). Most games should be played at venues 75% full even if you have to go to a smaller venue. The crowd on Sunday would have been lost in Clones and no one would have mentioned the big crowd there. The only problem with it is the proportion of standing to seats at many venues including the athletic grounds which could put families of going.

onefineday

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 17, 2022, 08:08:05 AM
The Derry Monaghan game showed the benefit of playing early round games at appropriate venues. It creates a far better atmosphere and comes across better on tv (which will help attendances at future games). Most games should be played at venues 75% full even if you have to go to a smaller venue. The crowd on Sunday would have been lost in Clones and no one would have mentioned the big crowd there. The only problem with it is the proportion of standing to seats at many venues including the athletic grounds which could put families of going.
Absolutely no question about that, I've always said that ideally the gaa should have a 45,000 mini croke park in Dublin. The only problem being that it would take almost every game from croke park! In an ideal world the Aviva would have been absolutely perfect and the gaa could have agreed to accommodate large capacity events for the fai and rugby. Don't think it was ever a runner and the larger gaa pitch size might not have been possible, even before the politics and ownership issues.
But in general, far too many behemoths sitting around empty, Munster being the worst example of pissing contests gone wrong.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Hound on May 17, 2022, 07:51:48 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 17, 2022, 01:20:06 AM

Only 21k at Munster v Exeter.
40k at Munster v Toulouse and 42k at Leinster v Toulouse. The biggest game of the season to date for both Irish sides.
FAI cup final had 37k.
38k at a Leinster semis, with the result of both games pretty much a foregone conclusion, was quite impressive I thought.

The timing of the Leinster final will impact numbers, but I expect good attendances at all the QFs

Thats the biggest growth by far in all sports here. LOI has really upped its game, looks well on TV , bigger crowds and loads of colour in recent years, DCFC versus Rovers looked great Friday night

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 16, 2022, 09:54:33 PM

Great to see, fantastic to see 2 second tier counties play get that exposure

ottoman

I'd hazard a guess it was even a much bigger crowd than that. O Moore Park has a capacity of 22k and there's not a chance you could have put an extra 10k in there last night. An extra 5k would have been a push...I've never seen scenes like it for and underage final. Hopefully there was lots of kids from Laois and Offaly there last night who will be inspired to play on such an occasion...it would be some boost to Leinster hurling if the GAA could get these 2 counties playing regularly in finals like this in the coming years!

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: ottoman on May 17, 2022, 09:51:31 AM

I'd hazard a guess it was even a much bigger crowd than that. O Moore Park has a capacity of 22k and there's not a chance you could have put an extra 10k in there last night. An extra 5k would have been a push...I've never seen scenes like it for and underage final. Hopefully there was lots of kids from Laois and Offaly there last night who will be inspired to play on such an occasion...it would be some boost to Leinster hurling if the GAA could get these 2 counties playing regularly in finals like this in the coming years!

The terraces were by no means tightly packed. There was plenty of space for people to walk past me, front and back. The stand was full which holds 6,500.

marty34

You'd think the GAA could announce the proper attendence, especially with on-line ticket sales.

I mean if everyone needs a ticket (U16 free sometimes but sometimes €5), you'd think the authorities would know how many people are in the stadium.

Even for insurance/health and safety reasons.

Walter Cronc

Will Clones be close to 30k for the final?