Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2021, 09:49:01 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 09:43:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2021, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 09:20:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2021, 09:17:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 08:51:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2021, 08:40:15 PM
Amnesty international said this, endemic corruption. They also said China and Russia have given/sold weapons.

So I'd say these governments are as bad as each other in terms of arming ISIS

Do you think Russia are not or did not provide weapons?

Absolutely not. Russia back the Syrian state so why would they be arming rebels to overthrow the state?

Just like Afghanistan the CIA were arming and training rebels that turned around and brought global terrorism to the west.

So Amnesty international is wrong?

Would you see Amnesty international as being or selling western propaganda?

If Amnesty International are suggesting the CIA didn't train or arm Syrian rebels then yes they are wrong. Are you saying they have said the CIA did not train and arm Syrian rebels?

Secondly Amnesty International are a Western Organisation, funded by Western states so they are hardly neutral here.

I'm going to say it one more time. They stated USA as selling guns to ISIS! You're exhausting

So you won't answer my question.

They have answered it, as they have also said Russia did the same, these are not my answers as I'm not involved in that.

People a lot smarter than you and me state this. So if you want to substitute USA with CIA and Russia with KGB then do that.

If you think Russia didn't then you are just arguing black is white. Which is your form

You have failed to answer the question I asked you.

Are you saying they have said the CIA did not train and arm Syrian rebels?

The Russian state did not supply Syrian rebels with arms - if you have proof of that outlandish claim then please post it up.

Conversely the American state did provide arms and training to Syrian rebels who later formed ISIS.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Ed Ricketts

Superb restraint from sid waddell thus far.

This one could be a bust.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 09:56:20 PM
Amnesty international said this, endemic corruption. They also said China and Russia have given/sold weapons.

Absolutely not. Russia back the Syrian state so why would they be arming rebels to overthrow the state?

Just like Afghanistan the CIA were arming and training rebels that turned around and brought global terrorism to the west.

If Amnesty International are suggesting the CIA didn't train or arm Syrian rebels then yes they are wrong. Are you saying they have said the CIA did not train and arm Syrian rebels?

Secondly Amnesty International are a Western Organisation, funded by Western states so they are hardly neutral here.

I'm going to say it one more time. They stated USA as selling guns to ISIS! You're exhausting

They have answered it, as they have also said Russia did the same, these are not my answers as I'm not involved in that.

People a lot smarter than you and me state this. So if you want to substitute USA with CIA and Russia with KGB then do that.

If you think Russia didn't then you are just arguing black is white. Which is your form

The Russian state did not supply Syrian rebels with arms - if you have proof of that outlandish claim then please post it up.

Conversely the American state did provide arms and training to Syrian rebels who later formed ISIS.

I gave you proof.. Russia provided weapons as did the US. I'm not saying USA didn't neither is the article I put up.

You give me proof they didn't.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on February 15, 2021, 09:59:01 PM

;D looks like it!

Pity about the others

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on February 15, 2021, 10:04:47 PM

;D looks like it!

Pity about the others

;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Ye know this could be the way to go. Rather than read all the, frankly, bullshit that angelo and sid put up, or those silly enough to engage, could we nominate someone who provides sporadic updates. Running commentary. But brief. A gaaboard martin tyler if you will

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 15, 2021, 10:29:41 PM

Ye know this could be the way to go. Rather than read all the, frankly, bullshit that angelo and sid put up, or those silly enough to engage, could we nominate someone who provides sporadic updates. Running commentary. But brief. A gaaboard martin tyler if you will

Surely though this one is a complete gimmie?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Lethal Weapons? Though who provided her with them?

Eamonnca1

I'll say one thing. It grinds my gears when the yanks claim to be the first in everything, including the space race. i once saw a sign at a baseball game near the concession stand claiming that John Glenn ate the first meal in space, when in fact Gagarin beat him to it the previous year. The USSR got a string of firsts in the space race:

• First artificial satellite
  • First living thing in space
  • First man in space
  • First woman in space
  • First spacewalk
  • First lunar landing of a probe
  • First lunar rover
  • First space station

Plus the continuous development of the most reliable space launch vehicle.

And yes, US foreign policy has been a disgrace over the years. Democratic governments toppled and dictators put in their place at the first sign of nationalizing the oil industry (unless you're a NATO member, in which case you don't get the "freedom" treatment). US democracy is in a mess and can unravel if Biden doesn't grow a pair and fix it by nuking the Senate filibuster and pushing through statehood for DC and PR, and expanding the supreme court.

America talks the talk on democracy but isn't so good at walking the walk. The UK is the same, they haven't had a government elected by the popular vote for decades. Countries like Ireland, for all their faults, have governments that actually represent the majority of voters and are less prone to making rash decisions like Brexit or electing an unqualified reality TV star to the highest office.

As for Russia, the Russian people are the ones I feel sorry for. They've lived under autocrats through the time of the Tsars only to have another set of dictators take over in the form of the Bolsheviks. The west had an opportunity to bring Russia into the fold in the 1990s with the end of the cold war, put them into some sort of special trading relationship with the EU or something. And NATO should have been wound up. Instead NATO's borders were pushed into former Soviet territories and GW Bush, for some unfathomable reason, decided to put a "missile defense shield" in Eastern Europe. It was like a reverse of the Cuban missile crisis, and it got scant media coverage in the west. No wonder Putin's hand was strengthened. The doves in Moscow were made to look like fools and the hawks have had a free run ever since. Nowadays they feed the Russian people a completely distorted view of the outside world.

Putin is a tyrant, but he's ultimately a product of western policy.

Eamonnca1

Amnesty is an NGO. Apart from a handful of grants over the years, they do not accept funding from governments in order to maintain independence. It has fee-paying  members in countries all over the world, not just the west, including Russia.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 09:42:37 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2021, 09:28:49 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 09:18:00 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2021, 09:16:02 PM
So Russia didn't annex Crimea and take a f**king passenger plane down?

The 2 lads were in Salisbury to visit its f**king cathedral?

Putin didn't eradicate Oligarch corruption and then give them a free pass as long as he got his cut...

They don't stamp out free speech or discriminate against the LGBTQ community?

What planet are you on? Read Bill Browders Red Notice and educate yourself a bit before plotting another thread with your nonsense!!

Do you think Russia are a bigger evil than the US?

Yes I do Russia is not a democracy... you think the NYT or CNN equivalent would survive in Russia??

Trump would still be in charge if the US were like Russia. Absolutely the US have done plenty of heinous things but you're painting Russia to be some kind of bastion of moral authority when they have a man who's been in charge for 22 odd years and is seeking to change the constitution to keep himself in power until 2036!!

Wow.

That says a lot, to say the Americans have done a lot of heinous things is understatement of the century. In contrast to the Americans - the Russians are a bastion of moral superiority - the Russians never dropped an atomic bomb on a city.

The bottom is you take your views of Russia from Western Propaganda. It's a bit like taking an account of the troubles from British print media.

Not taking sides here, just waiting for the popcorn to cook TBH, but I think a few Kazakhs may have spat out their kumis on hearing that proclamation.

dublin7

Good to see boundaries have been set. I think everyone would agree using nuclear weapons is crossing a line

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2021, 10:02:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 09:56:20 PM

I gave you proof.. Russia provided weapons as did the US. I'm not saying USA didn't neither is the article I put up.

You give me proof they didn't.

Nope. You have not answered the questions I asked. Instead you are answering a question not asked and you have not provided any proof the Russian state armed Syrian rebels.

Seems you are actually engaging in Russophobia.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

I don't believe you, until you show me evidence...

Two can play that game  ;)