China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on July 16, 2020, 11:44:38 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 16, 2020, 11:31:38 AM
Meanwhile the heroes in Stormont have decided to do this mid Pandemic.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53429661

I dunno lads. I just don't know. This thing is either serious or it's not.

It won't be implemented til next year.

Personally I'm no fan of extended licensing hours. If pubs close at 11, they get busy at 7. If pubs close at 2, they get busy at 11. The only difference is that the pubs pay more out in wages, and patrons can't get out of bed the next morning.

But that said, this has been a decade in the making and it's better to know that Stormont is still sort-of-functioning.

Hopefully it stops the "last orders at the bar" stampede and subsequent binge to get it horsed into you before getting bucked out but probably won't as most will just drink a bit longer in their homes and still do that, but an hour later.

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on July 16, 2020, 11:57:32 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 16, 2020, 11:44:38 AM

It won't be implemented til next year.

Personally I'm no fan of extended licensing hours. If pubs close at 11, they get busy at 7. If pubs close at 2, they get busy at 11. The only difference is that the pubs pay more out in wages, and patrons can't get out of bed the next morning.

But that said, this has been a decade in the making and it's better to know that Stormont is still sort-of-functioning.

Hopefully it stops the "last orders at the bar" stampede and subsequent binge to get it horsed into you before getting bucked out but probably won't as most will just drink a bit longer in their homes and still do that, but an hour later.

If it tidies up the stupid Easter hours and helps tourism and the economy then there is nothing not to like.

GJL

To be fair I think that is a great job. All it does is bring the laws in line with other areas. This virus will not last forever so law making and changing should go on. The implementation of such laws can be delayed if necessary to combat the virus.

imtommygunn

Agreed. Been a long time coming. I'm just sorry I'm too old to avail :o

Cunny Funt

20 cases a day the 7 day average and we had 21 cases today in the ROI.

Positivity rate remains very very low and its very difficult to accurately estimate reproduction number. Two quotes from Prof Nolan this evening. Meanwhile the scaremongering continues on RTÉ.

armaghniac

16 cases today in the 6 counties, that's a brave few, more than Italy pro rate. China only has 1 case.
This thing is not going away.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

No and it wasnt really going to.
All we can hope for is keeping it "flattened" and try to live around it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2020, 10:28:41 PM

With everything hopefully open by August 10th I really can't see the cases getting much lower than they currently are and Martin and Co will need to realise that than needlessly going into panic mode again.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 16, 2020, 11:11:32 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2020, 10:28:41 PM

With everything hopefully open by August 10th I really can't see the cases getting much lower than they currently are and Martin and Co will need to realise that than needlessly going into panic mode again.

Not getting much lower is one thing, increasing is another.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

general

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/53434799

8 clubs in Derry suspended due to Covid

I work for a company with HQ in Derry region - here today its the talk of the place.

Rois

19 new cases in the north today.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rois on July 17, 2020, 02:12:57 PM

That only tells part of the story.

How many are hospitalised per day and how many are in ICU could tell us more of the actual impact the rise in cases is having.

Kidder81

So England have been making a balls of their death figures, counting people that had a positive test and then could have died from natural causes a few months later.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on July 17, 2020, 02:12:57 PM

Any Westie's in that figure  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 17, 2020, 02:21:51 PM
So England have been making a balls of their death figures, counting people that had a positive test and then could have died from natural causes a few months later.

I would imagine that's been happening worldwide truth be told.