The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InnocentByStander

Think Aberg deserves a spot?

Europe have 3 Very strong players in Rory, Rahm and Hovland

with 4 good players, Hatton (also automatic) but the picks will/should be Fitzpatrick, Fleetwood, Lowry.

It leaves it up for debate with the next 2 spots to be much weaker players (in top golf standards) and with how Aberg has sprung onto the scene I think he's worth the risk.
Then maybe straka whose has a decent year?

On paper USA are an all round stronger team but with Europe having 3 out of the top 5 best players in the world it will be a great matchup.

trailer

Quote from: InnocentByStander on August 29, 2023, 04:58:44 PM

with 4 good players, Hatton (also automatic) but the picks will/should be Fitzpatrick, Fleetwood, Lowry.

It leaves it up for debate with the next 2 spots to be much weaker players (in top golf standards) and with how Aberg has sprung onto the scene I think he's worth the risk.

On paper USA are an all round stronger team but with Europe having 3 out of the top 5 best players in the world it will be a great matchup.

I like MacIntyre... lefty. Not always easy to pair up though.

gawa316

What about Rose? No half decent Italian out there with the home field/crowd advantage?

dec

Quote from: gawa316 on August 29, 2023, 05:16:07 PM
What about Rose? No half decent Italian out there with the home field/crowd advantage?

The Molinari brothers seem to be well past their best.

An Watcher

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: dec on August 29, 2023, 07:27:43 PM

The Molinari brothers seem to be well past their best.

Both are assistant captains

trailer

Na. He's been poor this last number of years. Molinari's similar.

Gabriel_Hurl

Rose is a shoe-in for the team. He's has had 1 win and 5 top 10s this year.

JPGJOHNNYG

Does Seamus Power have a shout?

Gabriel_Hurl

Nah - think he'll miss out. His dip in form came at the exact wrong time for him.

screenexile

US have made some big calls there I would have this as the weakest team in a while!

Morikawa hasn't been great.

JT has been brutal.

Fowler has had a slight return to form but nowhere near enough to be on the RC team.

Brooks will bring it for the majors but will he for the Ryder Cup?
Burns has gone well off the boil since he won the matchplay.

screenexile

Quote from: InnocentByStander on August 29, 2023, 04:58:44 PM

Aberg is in now I'd say!

Orior

Anyone see Van Dam breaking her driver during the play-off holes?

How embarrassing!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

Just watched it I though she smashed it in anger or something. Just saw the video ;D. I bet the official feels like a right d1ck

smort

European captains picks in..
Fleetwood
Lowry
Straka
Rose
Hojgaard
Aberg

Strong European lineup. Think this will be a a really tight Ryder Cup