The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

podge

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2022, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on January 30, 2022, 01:06:27 PM
Ridiculous shot selection

Possibly, but had he landed that he'd have 2 shots to win, tells you how important that game is? Or how confident he was?

In reality there was only one shot that had any real risk of putting him out of the tournament - and that's the one that he took on. Madness. Even if he had carried the water, from that distance back it was unlikely to hold the green meaning an up and down for a 4 from off the green wasn't highly probable anyway. He was just as likely to get a 4 from laying up I think.

Anyway, we are all captain hindsight's as Boris would say..

JPGJOHNNYG

Gabriel_Hurl

That's a seriously good round on that course - it's the toughest of the three they play this week.
30-odd shows better than my last round on it.  ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

He's running away with it now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 04, 2022, 09:21:51 PM
He's running away with it now

5 ahead at sitting at 6/5 with the bookies, free one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Leona Maguire 3 clear with 6 holes to play in the final round of the LPGA this weekend too

An Watcher

Do the women not play 4 rounds?  That's only the 3rd round

Gabriel_Hurl

An Watcher

JPGJOHNNYG

Gabriel_Hurl

Rois

yellowcard

Great win for Leona on LPGA tour, she was in total control.

The best thing is that you feel as though she has much more to come as she's already been performing like a top 10 player for the last year or so.

Milltown Row2

Some choking session from Power, must be an Irish thing on the Sunday's now..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2022, 02:29:48 PM
Some choking session from Power, must be an Irish thing on the Sunday's now..

I think Saturday was more of a choke. He always seems to shoot better thurs/fri than sat and sun. Still he has broken into the TOP 50 which is an amazing achievnent. I remember back in the day the hard on UTV had when clarke qualified fir the masters ;D