The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

I mean - I probably would  ;D

JimStynes

This new handicap system is confusing. I played off 8.7 with a playing handicap of 8. I shot 84 a few weeks ago and got cut to 8.2. A load of our low 1/2 handicap men all got cut to scratch once the nee system came in. I'm assuming it'll come into its own when I play a few opens at links courses and I'll get a few extra shots to play with.

An Watcher

Flip sake harringtons three putted the last. Could easily have holed it and he'd be sitting at two under, right in the mix

Estimator

Spieth's miss at the last was a shocker. Could put him out of the weekend. Projected cut at +3
Ulster League Champions 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Estimator on May 21, 2021, 07:13:07 PM
Spieth's miss at the last was a shocker. Could put him out of the weekend. Projected cut at +3

Sure some poster said he'd be back at his best!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Franko

Quote from: screenexile on May 21, 2021, 08:58:20 PM
https://twitter.com/pgatour/status/1301634825548423169?s=21

Here's Kisners take on shots for amateurs playing pro courses...

https://twitter.com/pgatour/status/1301634825548423169?s=21

So he takes the difference in handicaps and multiplies it by the number of rounds.

It's not gonna sell many newspapers.

JPGJOHNNYG

Rory all over the place on these last few holes

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 22, 2021, 12:32:39 AM

ah yes but remember that time he won it 9 years ago  ::)

should be in for a great weekend, this course is a brute

StPatsAbu

Prob too busy bucking the wife!

cornerback

Quote from: JimStynes on May 21, 2021, 06:39:18 PM
This new handicap system is confusing. I played off 8.7 with a playing handicap of 8. I shot 84 a few weeks ago and got cut to 8.2. A load of our low 1/2 handicap men all got cut to scratch once the nee system came in. I'm assuming it'll come into its own when I play a few opens at links courses when I get a few extra shots to play with.

Get the golf Ireland app. It shows all your qualifying rounds, puts your last 20 rounds into a graph and highlights the 8 rounds that are used to calculate your handicap.

Hound

Rory was motoring on lovely for most of the round. -3 for the first 15, and still playing within himself, short putts missed on 16 and 17 have probably ended his chances.

The Sky commentators often have no idea what's going on for some reason. On course information not getting to them. A good example was Rory on the 18th. His second shot hit someone on the back and went into long grass. Then it shows him taking a chip  from a perfect lie which he knocks stone dead. Sky thought that was a par, but then the scorecard showed a bogey and they didn't even mention it. So he either dropped or hacked out into the good lie.

Padraig and Shane still well in it at level par. Especially if they get lucky and get the best of the conditions today. The course and conditions should suit them more than most. Of course, hard to see Padraig keeping it up for 4 rounds, but hopefully Shane will make a move.

I love watching them play hard courses. This one is hard and fair. I'd hate to play it!

Estimator

Definitely thought Sky struggled at times. Think they were relying on Rich Been, out on the course, to tell them what was happening, but more often than not he had to apologise for not getting down to see where the ball was.
The wait at 17 was very strange as well.

Estimator

Rory's statistics on the Par 5s this week are horrendous.