Rahm new #1 in the world - he's been on some tear the last 12 months

Quote23 worldwide starts
4 wins
4 2nds
3 3rds
12 top-5s
15 top-10s

Gabriel_Hurl

That didn't last long - with his win yesterday - Justin Thomas is now back to the top of the rankings.

Major golf is back this week with the PGA Championship in San Francisco at Harding Park. I played it a few weeks ago - and the rough was just brutal back then.

Orior

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 03, 2020, 06:36:49 PM
That didn't last long - with his win yesterday - Justin Thomas is now back to the top of the rankings.

Major golf is back this week with the PGA Championship in San Francisco at Harding Park. I played it a few weeks ago - and the rough was just brutal back then.

McIlroy cannot be feeling too confident about his chances.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Anyone ever played Macreddin in Wicklow. I hadn't heard of it and only played it because I was in the area. A hidden gem and extremely tough. I played the black tee comp the other day and it was far too hard for me. Wayward off the tee at all and it was nearly no chance of finding the ball.

JPGJOHNNYG

Just not happening for Rory. Far too many poor shots. Lowry going well

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on August 07, 2020, 11:18:35 PM

lads mcilroy is done, no majors in 6 years, his head is gone  ;)

Shane is a proper champion  :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on August 07, 2020, 11:35:15 PM

lads mcilroy is done, no majors in 6 years, his head is gone  ;)

Shane is a proper champion  :)

When he has 4 he'll be in same bracket I'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

All turned on it's head in an hour... and they say football's a funny old game!!

ONeill

That Koepka lad is never far away at these.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

OK so they're both shite!!!

Touch and go to make the cut now for both!

screenexile

DJ has to be up there as one of the biggest chokers out there for a man of his ability who has held so many leads in majors to have only won one is crazy!

Morikawa looks fearless he could be one of the big names in golf for a long time!!

Mikhail Prokhorov

amazing final round from morikawa, 64 on a major sunday to win is a rare feat  8)

thewobbler

Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2020, 01:20:40 AM
DJ has to be up there as one of the biggest chokers out there for a man of his ability who has held so many leads in majors to have only won one is crazy!

Morikawa looks fearless he could be one of the big names in golf for a long time!!

I don't get this. In every major for the past decade you could make a strong case for a dozen players to be favourite. And there's always a chance that anyone in the field can shoot their lights out (like Lowry and Woodland last year). Hence 14 different winners of the past 17 majors - with only Koepka a multiple winner.

But rather than acknowledge DJ's brilliance at being so consistent in the most competitive era of golfing history, you feel the need to call him out as a choker.

I don't get where these standards come from.

But