The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I shot my lowest round in three years yesterday, delighted with a 79 against the brother 20 years younger than me, took 15 quid of the facker too.

I once played Whistling Straits three days after Singh won the Pga there, we played from the tips and I shot a 110, these boys are absolutely incredible at the PGA level.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Boycey on April 07, 2017, 12:13:16 AM
Funny auld game Mcilroy and Lowry both shoot 72 but Shane will be slightly disappointed and Rory elated I'd say.

Both handily placed of course.

The weather at the end died right down and everyone started shooting birdies exept Lowry who started 3 putting. He should be on around  -3 so he will be pretty annoyed with himself

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

The 1st hole hasn't been kind to Danny Willett, double bogey yesterday followed by quartruple bogey today  :o

Gabriel_Hurl

The Hoff shiteing the togs - 4 bogeys in last 5 - tied with Sergio for the lead

gerrykeegan

At 100/1 top 8 will do for me. Looks like he won't be too far off the lead going into day 3.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Minder

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 07, 2017, 09:25:50 PM
At 100/1 top 8 will do for me. Looks like he won't be too far off the lead going into day 3.

He actually held it together well enough after what could have turned into an 80
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Weather set fair for the weekend at Augusta, warm sunshine with negligible wind and most of the main protagonists close enough with the probable exception of Day..

Mcilroy would be disappointed with yesterday I'd say, threatened to have a good round but just didn't really happen. Although a shocking bit of bad luck on the last cost him 1 or maybe 2 shots.. He battled really well though in previous years he might have finished +5 or +6 when things not going his way. Disappointed for Lowry he never got going at all yesterday.

mouview

The Masters is a great sporting event and usually good TV. It's a poor golf tournament though with a lot of dross in it; the older former winners in particular are like loose horses in the Grand National, only getting in the way and usually failing to get round. Good shots aren't always rewarded and bad ones punished disproportionately. As such it often turns into a survival of the fittest with some poor players often triumphing (Bubba, Willett who's starting to look like a better journeyman). It's stuffy superiority could ultimately consume itself.

gawa316

Brother in law is getting married today and he's just realized his fucked up his Master's wkd as long as he's married!! ;D

laoislad

Would absolutely love to see Sergio win this and not just because I've backed him to win every single major for the past 10 years!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Ball Hopper

Anyone checking the leaderboard on RTE?  They clearly have no idea how to update it live, let alone sort it by stroke count (check the listing of those who failed to make the cut).  If a non-wage intern presented this, it would be his/her last day, let alone a salary person.

Very amateur.

Boycey

I've already had to turn the BBC off... Peter Alliss used to be the voice of golf but now he just comes across as a pompous old git..

Orior

I'd a difference of opinion today on a course. Using another golfer's ball for my line, I chipped the ball onto the green, and hit the other golfer's ball.

I assumed we should have replaced the golfer's ball back to its original position, but my fellow golfer said no. He said we only replace the ball to its original position if both balls started on the green. 
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Quote from: Orior on April 08, 2017, 09:12:06 PM
I'd a difference of opinion today on a course. Using another golfer's ball for my line, I chipped the ball onto the green, and hit the other golfer's ball.

I assumed we should have replaced the golfer's ball back to its original position, but my fellow golfer said no. He said we only replace the ball to its original position if both balls started on the green. 

You are right, he is wrong. If you are hitting your opponents ball when you're both on the green then you're both stupid/lazy/awful putters.