The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

I have no issue with true penalty at all. She knows the rules and it's clear that she broke them even if it wasn't intentional. Had it been brought up at the time or even any time before her last round I think that would be fair.

She shouldn't be finding out two thirds into the next round the following day that she now has a four shot penalty there has to be some kind of cut off as to when you can be penalised. What if someone had emailed in today would she lose the title??

Puckoon

Agree 100% - its the ambiguity that exists in a lot of golf rules, and the decisions based on the golf rules. There's no official definition of the "fairway" for example.

That's a good question regarding an email today - what is the statute of limitations on when someone can call in. What if someone hadn't called in at all - and today the world was full of articles and webpages siding with the other players and calling Tompson a cheat?

johnneycool

Quote from: Puckoon on April 03, 2017, 10:00:58 PM
Agree 100% - its the ambiguity that exists in a lot of golf rules, and the decisions based on the golf rules. There's no official definition of the "fairway" for example.

That's a good question regarding an email today - what is the statute of limitations on when someone can call in. What if someone hadn't called in at all - and today the world was full of articles and webpages siding with the other players and calling Tompson a cheat?

I presume that at these big golf events that there's an official either with each pairing or at each hole/fairway or whatever to watch out for this sort of thing, no?

magpie seanie

Anyone playing Irish Times fantasy golf?

heganboy

Annual donation to Paddy power
(E/w)
Kuchar
Rahm
Oosthuizen
Rory
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

Oh boy

QuoteDustin Johnson falls down stairs at Masters, hurts his lower back

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Dustin Johnson's manager says the world's No. 1 player has taken a serious fall on a staircase on the eve of the Masters.

David Winkle of Hambric Sports says in an email that Johnson fell on the stairs of his rental home in Augusta on Wednesday. He says Johnson landed hard on his lower back and is resting with discomfort.

Doctors have advised Johnson to remain stable and start taking anti-inflammatory medication.

Winkle says Johnson hopes to be able to play in the Masters when it starts on Thursday.

Minder

Playing late so he might be okay
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

PP justice refund?

All my eggs on McIlroy! Will have a look at a couple of value e/w's tomorrow!

Orior

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 05, 2017, 10:29:55 PM
Oh boy

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Dustin Johnson's manager says the world's No. 1 player has taken a serious fall on a staircase on the eve of the Masters.

David Winkle of Hambric Sports says in an email that Johnson fell on the stairs of his rental home in Augusta on Wednesday. He says Johnson landed hard on his lower back and is resting with discomfort.

Doctors have advised Johnson to remain stable and start taking anti-inflammatory medication.

Winkle says Johnson hopes to be able to play in the Masters when it starts on Thursday.

In my experience of match play - always fear the injured golfer.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Orior on April 05, 2017, 11:06:08 PM
Oh boy

Agreed! When Harrington one his second open the eve of the tournament was full of articles about some injury that had all but wrecked his chances of defending the claret jug lol.

Franko

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 06, 2017, 10:05:56 AM
Quote from: Orior on April 05, 2017, 11:06:08 PM
Oh boy

Agreed! When Harrington one his second open the eve of the tournament was full of articles about some injury that had all but wrecked his chances of defending the claret jug lol.

Hardy's gonna flip.

Milltown Row2

Went for Speith and Rory on the nose, and Fowler, Rose and Fisher e/w

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Tough conditions today, only 1/3 of those who have started so far are at level par or better..

AZOffaly

That might suit UK and Ireland golfers. More linksy conditions in the air. Keeping a ball low into the wind might be a thing.

mackers

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 06, 2017, 04:13:51 PM
That might suit UK and Ireland golfers. More linksy conditions in the air. Keeping a ball low into the wind might be a thing.
Wouldn't be Rory's natural game.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.