The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on June 23, 2016, 08:58:40 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 23, 2016, 07:43:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 07:29:45 PM
Getting pointless now.. haters gonna hate

Agree - I suppose when you're an Irishman who is one of the best in the world at what he does – there'll always be begrudgers

Yep, and there's another school that think that because someone's Irish and good at something, that all objectivity must immediately be thrown out the window and their each and every action must be idiotically supported.

Nope a dick is a dick no matter what country he is from or how good he is at sport.. simples
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 09:30:31 PM

Agree - I suppose when you're an Irishman who is one of the best in the world at what he does – there'll always be begrudgers

Yep, and there's another school that think that because someone's Irish and good at something, that all objectivity must immediately be thrown out the window and their each and every action must be idiotically supported.

Nope a dick is a dick no matter what country he is from or how good he is at sport.. simples
Which I think is the accusation levelled at McIlroy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 23, 2016, 09:43:09 PM

Yep and that's fair enough, but a lot of reasons people were using were based on his irish/northern irish/ not irish and who he supports crap, other than he (in their view) is a nob for whatever it is... I'm not a golfing fan but love sport and watching him when he's on his form is class, as is Spieth and it was great to watch DJ there at the weekend...

Alex Higgins was the biggest gobshite to be a world champion (twice) but he was a fantastic natural snooker player with soooo many flaws.. but maybe just maybe with no internet then and the ability of people to troll or hammer these people from behind the computer screen he didn't get the same abuse as others?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 23, 2016, 07:15:14 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 23, 2016, 07:09:20 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 23, 2016, 07:00:27 PM
Ah sure - it's just a bit of craic lads  ;D

When's the bottler Lowry making his final decision if he's going or not?

It's all getting a bit sad now Gab. I'd take the Kidders advice if I was you. You're not making much sense.

What? I asked a serious question about (Our Shane) Lowry.

Hey, f**k off and leave Lowry out of this.

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 09:55:47 PM

Yep and that's fair enough, but a lot of reasons people were using were based on his irish/northern irish/ not irish and who he supports crap, other than he (in their view) is a nob for whatever it is... I'm not a golfing fan but love sport and watching him when he's on his form is class, as is Spieth and it was great to watch DJ there at the weekend...

Alex Higgins was the biggest gobshite to be a world champion (twice) but he was a fantastic natural snooker player with soooo many flaws.. but maybe just maybe with no internet then and the ability of people to troll or hammer these people from behind the computer screen he didn't get the same abuse as others?

Well sure if there's no computer screen to criticise him from behind, there's none to defend him either.  So I reckon we could call that playing field a fairly level one.  A lot of other people quite clearly outlined reasons for disliking McIlroy which were nothing to do with his perceived Irishness (or lack of).  However, the blinkered fanboy brigade refused to hear tell of this and stuck their fingers in their ears and shouted 'sectarianism'.  Some even suggested that no criticism of McIlroy was allowed unless he was known personally to the commenter.  Like I say - idiotic stuff.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on June 24, 2016, 12:26:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 09:55:47 PM

Well sure if there's no computer screen to criticise him from behind, there's none to defend him either.  So I reckon we could call that playing field a fairly level one.  A lot of other people quite clearly outlined reasons for disliking McIlroy which were nothing to do with his perceived Irishness (or lack of).  However, the blinkered fanboy brigade refused to hear tell of this and stuck their fingers in their ears and shouted 'sectarianism'.  Some even suggested that no criticism of McIlroy was allowed unless he was known personally to the commenter.  Like I say - idiotic stuff.

But you agree that some do have that opinion on him based on the non Irishness??

Franko

Estimator

The World No. 1 has decided against it now!

Day pulls out of Rio 2016
Rio 2016
Posted at
13:15
Jason Day

Jason Day, who joins a string of leading golfers in pulling out of the sport's Olympic return, says he is not going to Rio because of his concerns about the Zika virus.

The Australian said in a statement he was pulling out with "deep regret" because of "my concerns about the possible transmission of the Zika virus and the potential risks that it may pose to my wife's future pregnancies".
Ulster League Champions 2009

Orior

That gets Rory off da hook
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2016, 03:05:15 PM
Lowry not going either.

I knew it, and said as much a few days ago.

Milltown Row2

AZOffaly

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.