The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 23, 2016, 05:17:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 05:13:33 PMSome bitter and twisted logic being applied here

Rory's the wrong kind of Irish in the eyes of some people.

If he was born 50 miles south - would the same rubbish be pouted? I highly doubt it.

That's the crux of it Gabriel. It's not too far removed from the old "Catholic Atheist or Protestant Atheist" nonsense. Fortunately more and more of the  younger generations can't be arsed with the parochial battle lines of old. Good for them.

laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on June 23, 2016, 05:47:34 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 23, 2016, 05:17:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 05:13:33 PMSome bitter and twisted logic being applied here

Rory's the wrong kind of Irish in the eyes of some people.

If he was born 50 miles south - would the same rubbish be pouted? I highly doubt it.

That's the crux of it Gabriel. It's not too far removed from the old "Catholic Atheist or Protestant Atheist" nonsense. Fortunately more and more of the  younger generations can't be arsed with the parochial battle lines of old. Good for them.
Bollix. I couldn't give a fcuk what kind of Irish he is or isn't or what he considers himself to be.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: laoislad on June 23, 2016, 05:56:16 PMBollix. I couldn't give a fcuk what kind of Irish he is or isn't or what he considers himself to be.

laoislad

Sure you know it all so Gab. Believe what you want yourself.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 23, 2016, 06:05:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 23, 2016, 05:56:16 PMBollix. I couldn't give a fcuk what kind of Irish he is or isn't or what he considers himself to be.

;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 23, 2016, 05:25:49 PM
And?

He was born on the island of Ireland, wasn't he?

So was Peter Robinson. I know some of you want him to be a Gaa loving, immersed in Irish culture sort of fella. But he isn't so just accept it.

"McIlroy sees himself as more British than Irish"

http://en.espn.co.uk/golf/sport/story/169503.html

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: laoislad on June 23, 2016, 06:06:18 PM

I'd rather be a know it all than a bitter, miserable aul bollix

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 23, 2016, 06:12:28 PM"McIlroy sees himself as more British than Irish"

http://en.espn.co.uk/golf/sport/story/169503.html

Quote"I played junior golf for Ireland, I played amateur golf for Ireland. Just because I am getting paid to play this great game now, it doesn't mean things should change. It's a decision I feel comfortable with and I'll be proud to represent Ireland in 2016. I'm 100% sure it's the right decision for me and I hope people respect my decision.

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 23, 2016, 06:23:42 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 23, 2016, 06:06:18 PM

I'd rather be a know it all than a bitter, miserable aul bollix

Now you're just being a gobshite. Obvious jokes above now being used as evidence  ;D
You even had to go back 5 years for one of them  :D
Well done Gab,well done indeed.

laoislad

I dunno why this Mcilroy chap is considered by some to be off limits and no one should ever utter a word against him.

I don't like him. I also don't know him ,nor would I guess does anyone on here.So I am forming an opinion of him based on what I see on TV etc the same as everyone else is.
There are many sportsmen I don't like or do like and I am also forming that opinion because of what I see of them in the media.
To me he is just a golfer nothing less nothing more.I do not care where he is from or where his allegiances lay.
I thought he made a right p***k out of himself taking two years to decide if he wanted to represent Ireland at the Olympics. If he was a man about it and was honest and said he wanted to represent the UK then fair enough. It was the faffing around he did that got under my skin.
Even before all that I just couldn't take to him,like I said the same way you may not take to any other sportsman in any other sport in the world.
Apparently though we are all suppose to like him because he was born on this island.  ::)
There are some sensitive souls on this thread.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: laoislad on June 23, 2016, 06:29:08 PMNow you're just being a gobshite. Obvious jokes above now being used as evidence  ;D

You'd know all about that

laoislad

Fantastic response Gab.
Well done.
I still love you though,i'll see you on the Liverpool thread in August.

Gabriel_Hurl

laoislad

Is that directed at me? If it is I don't know what point you think you are making.