The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angermanagement

Quote from: Boycey on June 19, 2016, 09:00:45 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on June 19, 2016, 08:53:24 PM
What times Lowry start ? Hope to God he wins, comes across as a great down to earth lad.

I take it regardless if he wins or not it's him and Rory for the Olympics?

He's playing the 2nd at present, Johnson has got to -4 and Lowry has a tough up and down to stay at -7...

Yeah him and Rory for Olympics..

Good man, time for the kids to go to bed then. Could be a late one.

Hardy

Quote from: angermanagement on June 19, 2016, 08:53:24 PM
What times Lowry start ? Hope to God he wins, comes across as a great down to earth lad.

I take it regardless if he wins or not it's him and Rory for the Olympics?

Has just bogeyed the second. Six under, Johnson -4.

Orior

And Dustin Johnson just said sh1t on telly :-o
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Westwood doing the usual. I feel sorry for him he just doesn't have it!

Sergio looks in the mood and Dustin starting to mount a challenge but long way to go.

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on June 19, 2016, 09:38:23 PM
Westwood doing the usual. I feel sorry for him he just doesn't have it!

Sergio looks in the mood and Dustin starting to mount a challenge but long way to go.

He's won some 40 odd times and has career earnings of heading for €50m, I'm not sure he needs your sympathy...

Not sure either Lowry or Johnson are being helped by their playing partners having nightmare rounds..

Shamrock Shore

This will drain me. Dunno if my nerves will handle it.

It will be close - half expect to see Seamus Darby pop up on the 18th to win it for Shane

screenexile

Jesus lads this is harrowing stuff. . . Anybody think DJ did something wrong? The official told him to play the putt as it lies but he went and marked it then. Is that the problem?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2016, 12:04:01 AM
Jesus lads this is harrowing stuff. . . Anybody think DJ did something wrong? The official told him to play the putt as it lies but he went and marked it then. Is that the problem?
A f**king joke messing with the lads head. Either he moved the ball or he didn't. All the other pros reckon he didn't and has no case to answer. Somebody will be getting their cards tomorrow.

passedit

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 19, 2016, 10:07:06 PM
This will drain me. Dunno if my nerves will handle it.

It will be close - half expect to see Seamus Darby pop up on the 18th to win it for Shane

USGA just stuck the hip into DJ,s back.

Super f**k up
Don't Panic

heganboy

I have to say I think this is a shockingly poor show from the USGA.
The USGA guy was just on TV saying that they have told DJ that he may be assessed a one shot as they believe that he "caused the ball to move" which is a one shot penalty.

I think that it is shockingly unfair on him and indeed the other players to have that hanging out there, as apparently the other players are also aware of there possible penalty. Rory, Fowler and Spieth all tweeting against the USGA.

USGA saying "we all, what else caused it to move?"

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Stevie Nicks

It has turned the whole thing into a joke!! His drop on 10 was a joke and then trying to say he made the ball move on the green is a joke!! How can Shane concentrate! And we think the GAA are a joke at times, wouldn't look at it!! CMON SHANE
Modify message

David McKeown

As I said on the other thread I have no sympathy for him because of what happened on 10. It's those chasing have more cause for complaint. If he did cause it to move though did he not also play it from the wrong spot?  It should have been replaced if he caused it to move and played as it lied if he didn't.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

screenexile

Quote from: David McKeown on June 20, 2016, 12:17:48 AM
As I said on the other thread I have no sympathy for him because of what happened on 10. It's those chasing have more cause for complaint. If he did cause it to move though did he not also play it from the wrong spot?  It should have been replaced if he caused it to move and played as it lied if he didn't.

Surely he's entitles to do that under the rules so what's the problem??

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2016, 12:22:27 AM

There is no doubt the drop on 10 was wrong but he did not cause the ball to move on the green earlier, just hope Shane wins by 2!

David McKeown

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2016, 12:22:27 AM

Absolutely he is as are the USGA entitled to do what's happening now. So Johnson can have no complaints.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner