The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 22, 2016, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 22, 2016, 07:06:39 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 22, 2016, 06:17:52 PM
All his winnings to charity, class act.

Ah sure he'll probably give it all to British charities anyway  ;)

You're some w**ker.
+1
Horrible thing to say about our Rmac.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 22, 2016, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 22, 2016, 07:06:39 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 22, 2016, 06:17:52 PM
All his winnings to charity, class act.

Ah sure he'll probably give it all to British charities anyway  ;)

You're some w**ker.

Whoosh...

Tony Baloney

Multi- multi- multi- millionaire gives money to his own charity. Amazing  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 22, 2016, 08:30:59 PM

Doesn't have to and someone who's less fortunate than yourself gets some benefit....

Not a good weekend for some. Sports wise....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Would you have preferred that he kept the money?

Are you from Lurgan?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

Quote from: Orior on May 23, 2016, 11:03:36 AM

Would you have preferred that he kept the money?

Are you from Lurgan?

The money goes to Barrettstown, Laura Lynn and Jack and Jill. Which one do you begrudge?

Hound

That was quite incredible of RTE to be on an ad break when Rory was taking his 2nd shot on 18, thus missing arguably the best shot ever at an Irish Open. They'd missed earlier putts from him and Knox, at which stage I'd thankfully switched over to Sky Sports

thebigfella

Quote from: Hound on May 23, 2016, 11:29:19 AM
That was quite incredible of RTE to be on an ad break when Rory was taking his 2nd shot on 18, thus missing arguably the best shot ever at an Irish Open. They'd missed earlier putts from him and Knox, at which stage I'd thankfully switched over to Sky Sports

Sorry the 2nd on 16 was better by a mile. Par on 18 guaranteed a playoff at least even if Knox made birdie; and he'd have been confident of getting up and down for par even if he put it in the water hazard.

Hitting the green in 2 at 16 when 1 behind was sublime. It was basically a match play scenario. Dump it in the water and likely Knox goes on to win; but land it on the green it's likely Rory makes birdie and ties the tournament with the same scenario possible on 18. Knox's 3 putt was the consequence of Rory turning the screw at that point.

Boycey

Quote from: thebigfella on May 23, 2016, 01:58:29 PM

Sorry the 2nd on 16 was better by a mile. Par on 18 guaranteed a playoff at least even if Knox made birdie; and he'd have been confident of getting up and down for par even if he put it in the water hazard.

Hitting the green in 2 at 16 when 1 behind was sublime. It was basically a match play scenario. Dump it in the water and likely Knox goes on to win; but land it on the green it's likely Rory makes birdie and ties the tournament with the same scenario possible on 18. Knox's 3 putt was the consequence of Rory turning the screw at that point.

Ur probably right but its splitting hairs a wee bit, they were both awesome shots right out of the top drawer. Hound is right though RTEs missing of the shot at 18 was criminal.

screenexile

The 2nd in 16 was further away as well 271 yards compared to 252 on the 18th... Phenomenal golf all the same!!

thebigfella

Quote from: Boycey on May 23, 2016, 02:04:57 PM

Ur probably right but its splitting hairs a wee bit, they were both awesome shots right out of the top drawer. Hound is right though RTEs missing of the shot at 18 was criminal.

I wouldn't say it is  :P 

16 was the higher risk shot as Rory could have all but ended his chances by hitting the water. Both great shots but there was no pressure on the 18th and he had virtually a free go at the green once Knox landed in the bunker.

I've hit that approach too (from a bit less out  :P); it's not easy and certainly not in a scenario under pressure. There isn't really anywhere to miss unlike right on the 18th. For me that's by far and away the shot of the tournament; as it forced Knox into making a mistake and in turn a 2 shot swing.

Orior

Do you remember what the adverts were? Otherwise they wasted their money.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

sammymaguire

Quick rules question. You hit your ball over water, red stakes about 20ft in front - it travels in play over the fairway and fades right, back over the water and red stakes which were all down the right. Where should the player take his drop from, first point it crossed the red stakes or the second point where it had travelled over the fairway 200 yards down the fairway?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!