The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Watched GMAC play 8 and 9 on periscope last night, he was answering questions flat out on it, unbelievable what can be done these days

gawa316

Anyone ever do the draftkings thing?

Did it for the Open and was sitting pretty at about 700th out of 170,000 odd. Had Willet, DJ, Koepka, Streb & Stenson and then it all went to shite, ended up with $25!

Applesisapples

Winker is back in the game, getting a hard on with Rors on GMU this morning.

GaillimhIarthair

Wow, that course looks absolutely savage from those aerial shots!  I am a reasonably decent low handicapper but I reckon that course would chew me up and spit me out for fun.  Hopefully a few of the Irish lads will still be in the mix on Sunday night to keep the interest, although probably wont see much depending on how we go in Croker earlier in the day!

Applesisapples

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on August 13, 2015, 12:15:56 PM
Wow, that course looks absolutely savage from those aerial shots!  I am a reasonably decent low handicapper but I reckon that course would chew me up and spit me out for fun.  Hopefully a few of the Irish lads will still be in the mix on Sunday night to keep the interest, although probably wont see much depending on how we go in Croker earlier in the day!
You'd need to be super accurate with the tee shots, can't wait to see Bubba and Phil.

laoislad

Bubba and Phil will hit every bunker on the course but yet will somehow still make every green in regulation!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Koepka
Casey
Oosthuisen

and a sneaky E/E on Willett... hard to beat the majors even though I'd class this as the lest of them.

Gabriel_Hurl

Danny Lee could be a good e/w bet - 7 top 10's this year  with 3 top 5's in the last 6 weeks

nrico2006

Can see Dustin Johnson or Day winning this.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Applesisapples

Quote from: laoislad on August 13, 2015, 12:52:06 PM
Bubba and Phil will hit every bunker on the course but yet will somehow still make every green in regulation!
:D You are probably spot on there.

Gabriel_Hurl

laoislad

Wow, that course looks absolutely savage from those aerial shots!  I am a reasonably decent low handicapper but I reckon that course would chew me up and spit me out for fun. Hopefully a few of the Irish lads will still be in the mix on Sunday night to keep the interest, although probably wont see much depending on how we go in Croker earlier in the day!
Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lowry missing the cut this week.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on August 13, 2015, 07:51:00 PM
Wow, that course looks absolutely savage from those aerial shots!  I am a reasonably decent low handicapper but I reckon that course would chew me up and spit me out for fun. Hopefully a few of the Irish lads will still be in the mix on Sunday night to keep the interest, although probably wont see much depending on how we go in Croker earlier in the day!
Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lowry missing the cut this week.

+3 after 3 isn't the brightest of starts.
MWWSI 2017

Boycey

I'm away from all my usual sources this week, anyone with a link that'll work on iPad? Ta

Gabriel_Hurl

Big par save from Rory there - pulling a Van de Velde