The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Rossie11 on July 19, 2015, 08:11:25 PM
Harrington out at 2.10 with leishmann
Dunne out in final group with Oosthuizen at 2.30.
Half day Monday..
A Dub,a Wicklow man and a Leish man in the hunt for glory!
Take the full day, sure you do feck all anyways  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

Quote from: annapr on July 19, 2015, 08:01:31 PM
The BBC called Dunne a Brit when he was teeing up on the 17th.
That was the utter dick that is Mark James

gerrykeegan

I have Oosthuizen on a intro offer at three times the odds! I have Speith on a free bet! I fecking have to go to work tomorrow!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Rossie11

As far as I know Dunne would get the trophy but the winners chq would go to the 2nd place lad with dead heat rules if there was a few tied.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 19, 2015, 08:15:12 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 19, 2015, 07:57:30 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 19, 2015, 07:53:33 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on July 19, 2015, 07:47:48 PM
Dunne is the 1st amateur to lead The Open after 54 holes nice Bobby Jones in 1927, according to ESPN.  And let's not forget Harrington perched in 5th.

If Dunne wins is it possible for him to accept the prize money and relinquish his amateur status?

Just did a google search there and he is ineligible for prize money as he is an amateur. He wouldve needed to have turned pro before the tournament began.

So where foes the prize money go?? Back into the pot and split between runner ups?

As far as I know they basically skip Dunne, as if he isn't playing, so if he wins it the second placed professional gets the first prize share and so on
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hound

Quote from: Minder on July 19, 2015, 08:25:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 19, 2015, 08:15:12 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 19, 2015, 07:57:30 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 19, 2015, 07:53:33 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on July 19, 2015, 07:47:48 PM
Dunne is the 1st amateur to lead The Open after 54 holes nice Bobby Jones in 1927, according to ESPN.  And let's not forget Harrington perched in 5th.

If Dunne wins is it possible for him to accept the prize money and relinquish his amateur status?

Just did a google search there and he is ineligible for prize money as he is an amateur. He wouldve needed to have turned pro before the tournament began.

So where foes the prize money go?? Back into the pot and split between runner ups?

As far as I know they basically skip Dunne, as if he isn't playing, so if he wins it the second placed professional gets the first prize share and so on
That's right, but only as regards the money. Lowest score is Open champion and gets the Claret Jug, regardless of status. In the unlikely event of Dunne winning, the lost prizemoney would be more than overshadowed by the sponsorship deals he'd get on turning pro

Hardy

Minder

Quote from: Hardy on July 19, 2015, 08:34:22 PM
What about his caddy?

The caddy would get paid by the player, so no bread for him either.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sidney

Quote from: annapr on July 19, 2015, 08:01:31 PM
The BBC called Dunne a Brit when he was teeing up on the 17th.
OMG, I'm so outraged at this. I might go and blow up Harrogate or Leamington Spa tomorrow in revenge. We Gaels really can't be taking this lying down.

JPGJOHNNYG

Many early starters already making big moves with several on 4 or 5 under for the front nine so far. Looks like the winner will need to be on about -18

thewobbler

Ooosthuzien will do what he does, and go around in 68 for a -16. Speith will do something similar.

Harrington and below are going to have shoot a 65 or below to improve on that score. Can't see that happening. It'll be one of the top 4.

laoislad

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2015, 10:04:47 AM
Many early starters already making big moves with several on 4 or 5 under for the front nine so far. Looks like the winner will need to be on about -18
Anywhere to watch it? BBC and Setanta not showing it yet.

Gabriel_Hurl

If you can find a stream of ESPN -it's been on here for an hour

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 20, 2015, 11:48:48 AM
If you can find a stream of ESPN -it's been on here for an hour
Cheers.
Found a stream of Liverpool game so will watch that first.
0-0 after 55mins

ONeill

Plenty of bordies on the front 9 this morn.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.