The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Alright, who are you betting on?

I am taking Rickie, Adam Scott and Justin Rose.

Long shot odds Luke Donald.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

beer baron

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on July 14, 2015, 04:58:45 AM
Alright, who are you betting on?

I am taking Rickie, Adam Scott and Justin Rose.

Long shot odds Luke Donald.

Already backed Fowler and will do Kaymer as my 2 main bets,usually do both of them anyway and Fowler hit form with a win at the weekend and got him backed when he landed 2 foot from the hole on the 18th for Birdie at 25's but that's well gone, Kaymer been poor most of the year but had his best performance of the year on his last outing a fortnight back and he's made no secret for a while now that this is his no.1 target and has form here.

Will have few smaller bets on as well,not sure who yet though, the likes of Bubba,Dubuisson,Cabrera Bello and Jimenez amongst the possibilities but a lot will depend on their likely prices,Bubba for example can be very short at times in comparison to what i think he should be,if he's about 33's i'l prob do him but if he's only 20/1 i'll not bother.

JPGJOHNNYG

Weather permitting Dustin Johnson with his length will destroy St Andrews just as long as he doesnt choke again for the umpteenth time.

screenexile

Have Spieth, Oosthuizen and Lowry.

I put my bet on Spieth a couple of weeks ago @ 11/2... why would he now be 6/1 after winning at the weekend?

beer baron

Quote from: screenexile on July 14, 2015, 10:09:34 AM

I put my bet on Spieth a couple of weeks ago @ 11/2... why would he now be 6/1 after winning at the weekend?

Noone wants him at the price i presume. Plenty of negatives imo, played in America last week, could suffer a bit of jetlag,not a big hitter,talented players like Fowler hitting form. Could get even bigger before the off i suspect but that's only a hunch.

AZOffaly

Weather? What's the forecast? I'd say if it's windy Speith's odds would lengthen.

laoislad

Quote from: beer baron on July 14, 2015, 11:29:39 AM

Noone wants him at the price i presume. Plenty of negatives imo, played in America last week, could suffer a bit of jetlag,not a big hitter,talented players like Fowler hitting form. Could get even bigger before the off i suspect but that's only a hunch.
How can playing in America last week be a negative? He won ffs.
I don't see it being an issue at all. Sure Fowler played in America the week before last and still won on a links course this week.
It seems to be a tradition for golfers to come over and play the Scottish Open the week before the Open and I think a few were sour the most in form golfer in the World right now decided not to.
If he doesn't win the Open it won't have anything to do with not playing the Scottish Open.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

beer baron

Quote from: laoislad on July 14, 2015, 12:18:54 PM
Quote from: beer baron on July 14, 2015, 11:29:39 AM

How can playing in America last week be a negative? He won ffs.
I don't see it being an issue at all. Sure Fowler played in America the week before last and still won on a links course this week.
It seems to be a tradition for golfers to come over and play the Scottish Open the week before the Open and I think a few were sour the most in form golfer in the World right now decided not to.
If he doesn't win the Open it won't have anything to do with not playing the Scottish Open.

He asked why the price might change,  i gave possible reasons.  If you disagree that's fine.

beer baron

And Fowler took a few weeks off too  ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 14, 2015, 11:31:33 AM
Weather? What's the forecast? I'd say if it's windy Speith's odds would lengthen.
The forecast is "it's being played in Scotland".

DrinkingHarp

Took 10ea to win on these guys for total of 100 (that's my limit) so if one hits I will be happy. Go Luke!!

Fowler/ Rose/Oosthuizen            15/1
Scott                                         17/1
Day                                           25/1
Kaymer                                      30/1
Snedeker                                   35/1
Dubiusson/Walker                       60/1
Donald                                       70/1   
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

leaveherinsir

I got Snedeker at 50/1 on Paddy Power there Drinking Harp.
Also have Fowler Stenson Lowry Westwood Donald.
All small each way punts.
Is a complete lottery though in fairness.
Think the law of averages will go against Speith. That said he really has the balls for it. Last Sunday he chipped in on 16 and birdied 17 to make the play off. If he does make the B9 on Sunday in the mix he will fear no one.

Canalman

Johnson to win. Small e/ws on Fowler and Day.

Temped also to punt on Bubba.

An Watcher

Was looking at the forecast for st andrews yesterday. The wind is to get up on Friday afternoon so if you're out then it could scupper your chances. Spieth, Day , Oousthuizen and Johnson are all due out on Friday round 3 o'clock. Conditions could be tricky. Went with the irish news tipster myself, scott and stenson. Sneaky punt on lowry too

BluestackBoy

He's a young fella playing his first Open at St Andrews & seems to be going out in some of the dodgy weather on Fri.

How he prepares is his business, I'd say he knows what he's doing & I'd give him a big chance.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.