The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Cole Hammer.. What a name.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on June 19, 2015, 10:48:06 PM
+17 for Darren. Unable to make the cut but half cut.
You got your slice of the pudding 4 years ago. Leave off!

leaveherinsir

When Dustin Johnson is hitting Driver wedge at 495 yrd hole its little wonder the courses are being tricked up to an extent.
That said Chambers Bay is no less asthetically pleasing than a lot of Open courses in GB.
For me the technology advancements in golf are diminishing the skills of distance judgement, eye for the game etc.
Once the idea of my 6 iron goes x distance is removed most pros and amateurs shit a brick.
Ban range finders, yardage markers etc and get back to judging the shot as you see it.

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on June 19, 2015, 11:01:41 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 19, 2015, 10:48:06 PM
+17 for Darren. Unable to make the cut but half cut.

Last place

Seuk Hyun Baek +14 after 11
Rich Berberian Jnr +13 after 3

Far better crack/craic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sans pessimism

Jeez, the coverage on Sky,whatever channel the feed is coming from is fukin MAD! Audio way off sync with video,n tickertape scores very behind what we've just seen-Yanks huh!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

thebigfella

Quote from: leaveherinsir on June 20, 2015, 12:12:04 AM
When Dustin Johnson is hitting Driver wedge at 495 yrd hole its little wonder the courses are being tricked up to an extent.
That said Chambers Bay is no less asthetically pleasing than a lot of Open courses in GB.
For me the technology advancements in golf are diminishing the skills of distance judgement, eye for the game etc.
Once the idea of my 6 iron goes x distance is removed most pros and amateurs shit a brick.
Ban range finders, yardage markers etc and get back to judging the shot as you see it.

There is no skill in judging distance as distance is a matter of fact. Take away the yardage markers/range finders and I would (or caddies) pace out the distance (as would most other players). You haven't a clue, so its best to say nothing.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: thebigfella on June 20, 2015, 01:18:20 AM
Quote from: leaveherinsir on June 20, 2015, 12:12:04 AM

There is no skill in judging distance as distance is a matter of fact. Take away the yardage markers/range finders and I would (or caddies) pace out the distance (as would most other players). You haven't a clue, so its best to say nothing.
No skill in judging distance/club selection in golf what planet are you on? You havent a clue, so its best to say nothing!

Minder

Didn't see much of McIlroy last night, was it problems on the greens again, or just a struggle like everyone else ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Quote from: Minder on June 20, 2015, 10:24:27 AM
Didn't see much of McIlroy last night, was it problems on the greens again, or just a struggle like everyone else ?

Again he played ok but didn't hole much. He always seemed to be needing something to spark his round off and it came with an eagle at 12 but a poor finish (again) lost him three shots over the last two holes to take him from being in contention to joint 44th..

Won't win from where he is but much like The Masters he'll likely have a good weekend and finish high on leaderboard

Boycey

Incredibly frustrating round for McIlroy today, he's level for the day playing the last, could easily be 4 under... 

The lead groups are going out over the next while, hoping for a good nights entertainment particularly from young Lowry :D

Minder

Lee Westwood wasn't too happy with the course, or more accurately the USGA, in how they are setting the course up, changing the par of 1 & 18 and using a tee on 15 that some players didn't even know existed
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Lowry going great fair play to him. It will be a travesty if he doesn't get to represent his country at Olympics next year.

Boycey

Quote from: Minder on June 20, 2015, 10:18:29 PM
Lee Westwood wasn't too happy with the course, or more accurately the USGA, in how they are setting the course up, changing the par of 1 & 18 and using a tee on 15 that some players didn't even know existed

Here's someone who's definitely not happy 

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/06/gary-player-with-an-epic-rant.html

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2015, 11:03:48 PM
Lowry going great fair play to him. It will be a travesty if he doesn't get to represent his country at Olympics next year.
The best players in Ireland will have to go. Rory is already on the list.

laoislad

Two amazing putts in past two holes from Spieth.