The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pub Bore

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 28, 2015, 06:01:44 PM
Great round from Harrington to be in the lead by 1.

BBCNI's highlights programme is fucked now.  Northern Ireland's Rory has a nightmare while some hacker from somewhere called the Republic of Ireland (Stephen Watson is consulting an atlas as we speak) is in the lead.

Pub Bore

Good start by Harrington, -6 after 8 holes

Applesisapples

Quote from: Pub Bore on May 28, 2015, 08:39:03 PM

BBCNI's highlights programme is fucked now.  Northern Ireland's Rory has a nightmare while some hacker from somewhere called the Republic of Ireland (Stephen Watson is consulting an atlas as we speak) is in the lead.
Watson's world is crashing around his feet...up to G-Mac to restore his OWC pride...Oh wait G-Mac doesn't buy in to all that OWC crap. Drat!

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 29, 2015, 11:00:46 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on May 28, 2015, 08:39:03 PM

Watson's world is crashing around his feet...up to G-Mac to restore his OWC pride...Oh wait G-Mac doesn't buy in to all that OWC crap. Drat!

lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

It should really be Harrington,Lowry or Gmac representing us at the Olympics.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

I love the way everyone knows both McIllroy, Harrington and McDowell so well to know what they are really like.  The likelihood of Harrington winning a tournament is slim, McDowell won't win either.  If Ireland let Harrington, McDowell or Lowry represent us at the Olympics then no medal would be obtained.  The best Irish golfer will be on the team though and increase the chances of a medal. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

I was at Royal County Down yesterday, what a beautiful place. There must have been 7/8 thousand people on the 10th hole at 8AM to welcome Rory, what happened thereafter was a huge anti-climax and there was a slight feeling of disappointment in the air all day. It was great to be see all the Irish players at close quarters and the backing they all got was great.

Harrington is some boy, from the 1st time I saw him play live nearly 20 years ago he always has the same demeanour like a farmer walking the fields nodding and waving at all and sundry. I also wandered away from the marquee groups several times and followed a couple of my own favourites, Matt Fitzpatrick and Manessero being two I really like

Somebody said earlier in the thread about it being a brutal place, it did look mighty tough to me but in the bar afterwards I got talking to local who said to me that everyone was talking about it being tough "but you want to see it when the wind really gets up!!!"

Gabriel_Hurl

Why is Lowry using a wedge as a putter?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 29, 2015, 11:42:10 AM
Why is Lowry using a wedge as a putter?

Broke his putter earlier, not sure whether it was malicious or not but I did see him on the 9th yesterday bash his pitching wedge into the ground after a poor shot

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 29, 2015, 11:21:37 AM
I love the way everyone knows both McIllroy, Harrington and McDowell so well to know what they are really like.  The likelihood of Harrington winning a tournament is slim, McDowell won't win either.  If Ireland let Harrington, McDowell or Lowry represent us at the Olympics then no medal would be obtained.  The best Irish golfer will be on the team though and increase the chances of a medal.

So it should be there are some serious pricks out there  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

well that hole just killed Rory's chances of making the weekend

muppet

Jees the RTE website is poor.

It shows Harrington at -3 (he is -2) and Lowry at +2 overall (correct) but +3 for today (he is -2 after 6 holes).

Quote11:15
Irish update:
Padraig Harrington -3

QuoteShane Lowry   Ireland   +2   6   3   72   74   -   -   146
MWWSI 2017

cornerback

Any golf heads played Omagh Golf Club?

What kind of course is it?  Any tips?

Think I'm playing there on Sunday.

screenexile

Quote from: cornerback on June 02, 2015, 03:19:50 PM
Any golf heads played Omagh Golf Club?

What kind of course is it?  Any tips?

Think I'm playing there on Sunday.

I've played it... windy... open... hilly!!