The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on May 28, 2015, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2015, 12:33:56 PM
+9 after 17. Surely some injury or something???

Or LaoisLad has put a curse on him?
Wouldn't waste me energy on him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

smort

He doesn't particularly like links golf. He has had a tough schedule this past month. Played poorly last week. Loads of extra responsibilities this week with 'hosting' the tournament. All adds up to +9 on day 1.

beer baron

Rois

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: smort on May 28, 2015, 01:43:08 PM
He doesn't particularly like links golf. He has had a tough schedule this past month. Played poorly last week. Loads of extra responsibilities this week with 'hosting' the tournament. All adds up to +9 on day 1.

Pretty much this - 5th tournament in 5 weeks

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 28, 2015, 02:18:18 PM

Pretty much this - 5th tournament in 5 weeks
Yeah it's a real tough life alright....

Applesisapples

Fcuk that's brootal, I've had to work 10 out of the last 10 weeks, I need a month of!

DennistheMenace

Quote from: screenexile on May 28, 2015, 12:17:33 PM
It must be absolutely brutal. Was talking to a guy I work with who used to be a pro and he says he hates RCD. He says no matter what shot you play you can rarely see the flag!

Absolute rubbish, it's one of the best courses in the world. Sounds like a Brolly story.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on May 28, 2015, 02:05:49 PM
Hangover?

Friend met him in Belfast on Monday night at Deans I think... Home few drinks sure why not.... Though Tiger was never really missed the cut when he was going strong at that age
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossie11

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2015, 02:51:39 PM
Quote from: Rois on May 28, 2015, 02:05:49 PM
Hangover?

Friend met him in Belfast on Monday night at Deans I think... Home few drinks sure why not.... Though Tiger was never really missed the cut when he was going strong at that age

Tiger was in the sack early every night  ;) !!!

Mikhailov

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 28, 2015, 02:40:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 28, 2015, 12:17:33 PM
It must be absolutely brutal. Was talking to a guy I work with who used to be a pro and he says he hates RCD. He says no matter what shot you play you can rarely see the flag!

Absolute rubbish, it's one of the best courses in the world. Sounds like a Brolly story.

It maybe one of the best courses in the world but it can still be brutal tough. The difficulty is there off every tee and on every approach to the green. The course record is only a -4 score in professional golf so that indicates how seriously tough it is even though it is one of the worlds best courses. On the 7th today which was only 135 yds long, McIlroy ended up on the adjacent 6th fairway with a short iron in his hand off the tee !!!

laoislad

Harrington having a fantastic first round.
-4 and joint top of leaderboard.

thebigfella

Funny that he's always posting pics on twitter around RCD and he is the current Open Champion. 

Tony Baloney

I was at the ProAm yesterday and he was in some of the thick stuff then but didnt read too much into it. Some of the fairways pretty narrow so it must be tough going in the wind and rain.

Gabriel_Hurl

Great round from Harrington to be in the lead by 1.