The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

I'm going on the Saturday.
Glad Patrick Reed isn't!

Muzz

I am heading down on the Thursday and Friday hoping it doesn't rain.  Managed to get tickets through a mates dad who caddies for Edoardo Molinari so got the 4 day pass for nought.  Would be rude not to go with that being the case.  Bunch of lads heading down so should be a good enough laugh.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 20, 2015, 03:15:59 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 19, 2015, 12:53:44 PM
Patrick Reed has pulled out of Irish Open

A member of his wife's family passed away from cancer yesterday

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/reed-clarifies-decision-skip-bmw-pga/?cid=twitter-gc-a-reed-clarifies-decision-skip-bmw-pga-051915

he is playing Colonial this week is he not? he obviously doesn't think a wild pile about the relative if that is the case.

Gabriel_Hurl

He is

QuotePatrick Reed will compete in this week's Crowne Plaza Invitational following the death of his wife's cousin, Golf Channel insider Tim Rosaforte reported.

Reed withdrew from the European Tour's BMW PGA Championship in favor of the PGA Tour's Colonial event. In a text message to Rosaforte, Reed explained: "We have a family member who has been battling cancer and is now in hospice, and they say only has a few days if that left. So we don't feel comfortable leaving the country at this time, and wanted to be able to go down and see him before he passes to say our goodbyes."

Rosaforte reported that Greg Harness, Justine Reed's cousin, died Tuesday night.

Reed, a Texas native,  will play the Ft. Worth event because, "Greg would have wanted him to play," Rosaforte stated.

Gabriel_Hurl

Looks like Rory will be getting in some practice rounds early this weekend at RCD ahead of next weekends Irish Open

Milltown Row2

Washed up useless fecker.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Fantastic round of Golf from Shane Lowry today with a 5 under round.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2015, 08:41:31 PM

Should win it from that position
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2015, 11:31:54 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2015, 08:41:31 PM

Should win it from that position

It would be nice but 7 shots back and Molinari looking like he's in the mood he'll do well to male top 10. His first round was too costly!

Orior

During the week I had a singles match. I was 4 up with 6 holes to play. Then I was one down starting the 18th. And I lost it on the first play-off.

Today, stroke competition, and I was playing to my handicap until the 16th hole, and I dropped 10 strokes over the last 3 holes.

And advice?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

Start playing 14 hole rounds?

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Orior on May 23, 2015, 08:20:32 PM
During the week I had a singles match. I was 4 up with 6 holes to play. Then I was one down starting the 18th. And I lost it on the first play-off.

Today, stroke competition, and I was playing to my handicap until the 16th hole, and I dropped 10 strokes over the last 3 holes.

And advice?
i was going to say grow a set or quit but that would be cruel.
Sound like u need to work on the mental side of your game. Try reading Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Bob Rotella. Its simply a brillant book on golf

Puckoon

I'm guilty of losing focus on alignment and swing later in the round. Also, do you have one eye on your final score or final result? Perhaps you're not staying in the moment on each shot or each hole.