The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Can't think of a better performance in a Major, and given his age it just adds to it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sidney

Quote from: heganboy on April 12, 2015, 11:35:54 PM

However Rory must be absolutely raging.
I think we are all pretty sure what he said into his cap when he birdied 18.
I'd say it was either:
i) "There goes another year when I don't win BBC Sports Personality of the Year."
ii) "At least that's another year where I won't be forced to wear green."
iii) "John Bruton is so right when he says that the Easter Rising was unnecessary because Home Rule had already been granted."
or
iv) "I really hope that humiliating defeat at Queen of the South on Friday won't rule Rangers out of the Scottish League One promotion race."

screenexile

First class from Spieth. I would love absolutely love to see him and McIlroy together on the last round of a major... Golf looks to be in safe hands over the next few years.

My 4 bets all in the top 6 as well I'm looking forward to seeing the account total on PP in half an hours time.

Milltown Row2

Should win the next 3 majors for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

McIlroy had a decent tournament to be fair. Speith was sensational from start to finish. Incredible mental strength.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Sidney on April 12, 2015, 11:51:38 PM
Quote from: heganboy on April 12, 2015, 11:35:54 PM

However Rory must be absolutely raging.
I think we are all pretty sure what he said into his cap when he birdied 18.
I'd say it was either:
i) "There goes another year when I don't win BBC Sports Personality of the Year."
ii) At least that's another year where I won't be forced to wear green."
iii) "John Bruton is so right when he says that the Easter Rising was unnecessary because Home Rule had already been granted."
or
iv) "I really hope that humiliating defeat at Queen of the South on Friday won't rule Rangers out of the Scottish League One promotion race."

Prob more like, keep that tube Watson out of my face for at least a month before any major.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on April 12, 2015, 11:52:02 PM
First class from Spieth. I would love absolutely love to see him and McIlroy together on the last round of a major... Golf looks to be in safe hands over the next few years.

My 4 bets all in the top 6 as well I'm looking forward to seeing the account total on PP in half an hours time.
f**k off  ;D

laoislad

I fell asleep,what happened?
Did our Rors win?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on April 12, 2015, 11:57:56 PM
I fell asleep,what happened?
Did our Rors win?

No, Lowry managed to win and Harrington came second lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sidney

Glad to see that Augusta National Chairman Billy Payne till considers Jim Nantz to be his good friend. Billy is a very easy man to fall out with, and it's to Jim's credit that he has managed to maintain the friendship.

David McKeown

Rory was -15 the last 45 holes and never in contention. Some effort from him but just shows how dominate Speith's performance was.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Sidney

Is it true that whenever Pubehead finishes on -6 in a tournament he deliberately marks his card wrongly?

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

Just about to say the same thing. Tiger Woods in 1997 was, and remains, the best performance I have ever seen at Augusta.

Just looked at that chasing pack. They have 168 victories on the PGA and European Tour, including 15 major titles. And in 1997 Justin Leonard won the Open, and Davis Love won the PGA, so they were major winners later that year as well.

Minder

You would think Woods would have a good chance at St Andrews in the summer, it's set up perfect for him
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"