The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I fancy Spieth to blow this tonight
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mouview

To be fair he's shown no real signs of it; e.g. his par save on 18 was a great response to the double on 17. However, has any golfer won the Masters without having a dodgy '9' somewhere along the line? How could he cope with a sustained spell of adversity where he bogies a few in succession with the following pack closing up?

gallsman

Quote from: mouview on April 12, 2015, 12:03:37 PM
To be fair he's shown no real signs of it; e.g. his par save on 18 was a great response to the double on 17. However, has any golfer won the Masters without having a dodgy '9' somewhere along the line? How could he cope with a sustained spell of adversity where he bogies a few in succession with the following pack closing up?

That's what remains to be seen I guess. In his brief career to date though he's shown no signs of being flaky. Hope he does manage it. Would be a spectacular achievement.

Puckoon

Quote from: mouview on April 12, 2015, 12:03:37 PM

Very few. Bubba shot a 74 in the 3rd round last year. Tiger opened with a 40 on the front in 2005.

cockahoop

God casey has a face you really want to smack

offtheground

I know Nicklaus is well qualified to be a' know it all', but I'm glad he's left the commentary box on sky, he was starting to sicken me, always stating the obvious, and comes across abit condescending...

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JimStynes

Quote from: Minder on April 12, 2015, 08:36:43 PM
Can Rory still do it ?

Always next year! This Speith lad is good, will be interesting to see how hope copes later in the round.

Milltown Row2

Money safe, could have been lot better had Casey landed 5th!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sidney

I'd love it if the great Peter Alliss, in what is likely to be his final round commentating at Augusta, started calling the "patrons" "spectators". That would really piss off the bigwigs at Augusta National.

heganboy

This has been a phenomenal performance at the Masters from Jordan Spieth, the fact that he is just 21 and has led from pillar to post (first time anyone has done that in nearly 40 years) is nothing short of spectacular.
I don't see anyone coming close to 20 under at the masters in the next ten years. The Augusta team will be raging that he is posting that score.
However Rory must be absolutely raging.
I think we are all pretty sure what he said into his cap when he birdied 18.
My take it with a pinch of salt prediction for the next 10 years is that Spieth will be to Rory what Mickelson was to Woods, world number 2..

p.s.thank you Matsuyama
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

Form brings confidence and Jordan has used that..... Rory is no mug either.... Makes for a interesting year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: heganboy on April 12, 2015, 11:35:54 PM
This has been a phenomenal performance at the Masters from Jordan Spieth, the fact that he is just 21 and has led from pillar to post (first time anyone has done that in nearly 40 years) is nothing short of spectacular.
I don't see anyone coming close to 20 under at the masters in the next ten years. The Augusta team will be raging that he is posting that score.
However Rory must be absolutely raging.
I think we are all pretty sure what he said into his cap when he birdied 18.
My take it with a pinch of salt prediction for the next 10 years is that Spieth will be to Rory what Mickelson was to Woods, world number 2..

p.s.thank you Matsuyama
Aye some performance. A lot of people waiting for the crash (including me) but to hold on and keep his head following dropped shots showed a series mental toughness and big set of balls.

Barring no disasters on 18!

McIlroy is finished.

charlieTully

Speith made Augusta look like newcastle pitch and put. Thank God for mick for the ew money.