The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offtheground

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/02/tiger-woods-drugs-suspension-claim-withdrawn

what do youse make of this?

This guy Olsen (I'd never even heard of him) is hardly a credible source, but then again it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

Orior

I see that 'short tempered and impatient' Sabatini was playing on Thursday and Friday with 'slow as bedamned' Harrington.  No word of any fireworks, but Padraig is -5 and Rory +6, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Muzz

Padraig has went bogey, bogey, bogey and is now E for today and -4 for the tournament.

Rory has just finished a birdie run of 5 straight birdies and is -7 today and -9 for tournament. 

Not sure where you are seeing the scores you quoted.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Muzz on March 20, 2015, 04:21:26 PM
Padraig has went bogey, bogey, bogey and is now E for today and -4 for the tournament.

Rory has just finished a birdie run of 5 straight birdies and is -7 today and -9 for tournament. 

Not sure where you are seeing the scores you quoted.

Muzz, he is seeing correct but he is referring to Rory Sabbatini, not McIlroy who you are obviously referring to. Please read carefully....

Muzz

Ah makes sense - Apologies!

DrinkingHarp

Been playing with Ping G2's for about eight years and they were about 5 years old when I bought them. Love the irons but the driver and woods were not up to par. Upgraded to the G20 driver, G20 5 wood and a G20 4 hybrid over the weekend (all new/ never used), wanted a G30 driver but got all three clubs for the price of the G30 driver alone (driver 125, 5 wood 120 4 hybrid 100).

What a difference brand new woods make, the pro told me after 4-6 years upgrade the driver because they way the material takes a beating it looses its "pop" after this time. New G30 driver in 2019 at half the price now.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

leaveherinsir

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on March 20, 2015, 06:57:49 PM
Been playing with Ping G2's for about eight years and they were about 5 years old when I bought them. Love the irons but the driver and woods were not up to par. Upgraded to the G20 driver, G20 5 wood and a G20 4 hybrid over the weekend (all new/ never used), wanted a G30 driver but got all three clubs for the price of the G30 driver alone (driver 125, 5 wood 120 4 hybrid 100).

What a difference brand new woods make, the pro told me after 4-6 years upgrade the driver because they way the material takes a beating it looses its "pop" after this time. New G30 driver in 2019 at half the price now.
The shafts in your irons have probably deadened if you have had them that long. I changed my a couple of years ago to a new set after 10 odd years. Really notice a diff esp on those shots not out of the middle.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: leaveherinsir on March 20, 2015, 10:06:21 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on March 20, 2015, 06:57:49 PM

The shafts in your irons have probably deadened if you have had them that long. I changed my a couple of years ago to a new set after 10 odd years. Really notice a diff esp on those shots not out of the middle.

Normally I would agree with you, but I have really dialed in on my irons(steel Shaft) and don't see myself changing them for at least 5 years. In 2019 might upgrade to the G30 irons in a graphite shaft when age catches up to me but for now it works.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

laoislad

Played my first round of Golf for about 18 months today down in the Heritage near Portlaoise.
Long course but very enjoyable. Missed a 5ft putt on the last to break 90,which for my level of Golf I would have been delighted with but was great to be back playing anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

offtheground

Tiger's plane spotted in Augusta. He's prob having a practice round or two to see where his game is at before declaring himself in for next week...

http://www1.skysports.com/golf/news/11071/9782643/tiger-woods-reportedly-on-his-way-to-augusta-national

If he does play I think it'll be good from McIlroy point of view, as it'll take a bit of the attention away from him...

Orior

McIlroy will not win the Masters this year. Put your money on one of these

Big Dustin
Jordy Spieth
Bubba
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mikhailov

Quote from: Orior on April 01, 2015, 11:11:14 AM
McIlroy will not win the Masters this year. Put your money on one of these

Big Dustin
Jordy Spieth
Bubba

Jeez Orior, you are really putting your neck on the line there.

Dustin is in top 8 in world and playing like a man possessed since his return and is a big boomer that suits Augusta...
Speith is the hottest player in the game at the minute and has had a 1st and 2nd in last 2 starts....
Bubba is the current holder and has won it twice in 4 years....

My missus could pick them 3 and she wouldn't know a golf club if it smashed thru her windscreen.

All joking aside I think DJ and Speith will give it a great run and will no doubt back them anyway but Patrick Reed, Stenson or Matsuyama will win it for me..

Canalman

Will continue my forlorn habit of putting E10 to win on Dustin Johnston . Has to come in soon imo.

Small e/w on Fowler / Schwarzel and possibly one of the Aussies.

laoislad

Lee Westwood or Sergio Garcia. ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Billys Boots

Quote from: laoislad on April 01, 2015, 12:35:43 PM
Lee Westwood or Sergio Garcia. ;D

Again? You must have lost the house on them by now?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...