The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Will this push be good enough to push him onto the Olympic team? Great for Harrington, was always a strange one when his form dipped so badly after the Majors he won, hopefully he's sorted out whatever was wrong with his game and continues to get back up the rankings.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 03, 2015, 09:49:28 AM
Will this push be good enough to push him onto the Olympic team?
Hopefully. It be nice to have an actual Irishman represent us.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

He will need to sort the slow play out of he's to challenge again. Obviously it helps him to take his time, he's easily put off or distracted. If he gets a Brandt Snedeker or a Rory Sabbitini in his group boys like that won't be shy about telling him to hurry up. Can't imagine how he would react to being put on the clock either.

Denn Forever

What  name is given  to a round that 4 under par if that was possible?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 03, 2015, 02:55:20 PM

that would be a 4 under par round

If you mean 4 under on a single hole - it's a condor - although these are extremely rare given you would need to have a hole-in-one on a Par 5

leaveherinsir

I was going to say its called a round you can only dream about

Orior

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 03, 2015, 03:24:39 PM

If you mean 4 under on a single hole - it's a condor - although these are extremely rare given you would need to have a hole-in-one on a Par 5

But if your handicap allows you two shots of a par five, and you happen to fluke a gross Eagle, then its a net Condor.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2015, 02:32:46 PM
He will need to sort the slow play out of he's to challenge again. Obviously it helps him to take his time, he's easily put off or distracted. If he gets a Brandt Snedeker or a Rory Sabbitini in his group boys like that won't be shy about telling him to hurry up. Can't imagine how he would react to being put on the clock either.

I knew that Sabbitini was a hot head, but didnt know about Brandt. Would be great entertainment - Padraig is old and wise enough to put those two boys in their places.

To be fair though, I had suspected that Padraigs slow play put both Poulter and Reed off their own game.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Snedeker isn't a hot head in the way Sabbatini might have been in the past - but he is very very very Anti slow play

I was wondering what Reed and Poulter were thinking, particularly on the tee shots on 15 and 17. It was criminally slow from Padraig.

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 03, 2015, 03:24:39 PM

Would want to be a very short Par 5. Has it ever happened on tour?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Only four condors have ever been recorded:

The first occurred in 1962, when Larry Bruce drove into the hole over a stand of trees on the 480-yard dogleg right par-5 fifth hole at Hope Country Club in Arkansas, USA.

Another condor was achieved by "cutting the corner" of a dogleg par-5 by Shaun Lynch at Teign Valley Golf Club in Christow, England, in 1995, on the 496-yard 17th. Lynch aimed straight at the green with a 3-iron, clearing a 20-foot-high hedge and hitting a downslope on the other side, which allowed his ball to roll down to the green and into the hole.

A condor was scored without cutting over a dogleg by Mike Crean at Green Valley Ranch Golf Club in Denver, Colorado, in 2002, when he holed his drive at the 517 yard par-5 9th. This is longest hole in one on record, although it was of course aided by the altitude and thin air of 'mile-high' Denver.

The most recent condor was achieved in Australia by 16 year old Jack Bartlett on the 467 metre par-5 17th at Royal Wentworth Falls Country Club, NSW, Australia, on November 3, 2007.

None of the above Condor's were made during an official tour and neither were they played on a professionally accredited course

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity