The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

I wonder can anyone help. I have a 2 y/o powakaddy freeway. recently it has started to delay before moving when i turn the control switch. Has anyone had a similar problem? if so what is the likley cause. I am not technically minded so be gentle.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JimStynes

Quote from: Minder on September 18, 2014, 08:48:04 PM
http://m.golf.com/1137536/where-have-you-gone-anthony-kim/

Good read about Anthony Kim, remember him ?

Seems like a bit of a header alright! Im sure he will be back at some stage, surely he could make that sort of money back in 10 years as a golf pro.

laoislad

World Number 792 Oliver Wilson wins Dunhill championship..!
Unbelievable Jeff.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on October 05, 2014, 09:07:57 PM
World Number 792 Oliver Wilson wins Dunhill championship..!
Unbelievable Jeff.

There's a chance for you yet, LaoisLad.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

leaveherinsir

Anybody sure on a rule re qualifying for handicap competitions in the winter time. Winter League, you can play your card any day of the week, although you must declare your intention to compete before starting. would be fairly confident this makes this non qualifying. Have looked the CONGU guideline but cant see this scenario covered.

Orior

Quote from: leaveherinsir on October 20, 2014, 11:19:27 PM
Anybody sure on a rule re qualifying for handicap competitions in the winter time. Winter League, you can play your card any day of the week, although you must declare your intention to compete before starting. would be fairly confident this makes this non qualifying. Have looked the CONGU guideline but cant see this scenario covered.

I havent a clue what you mean.

By and large winter golf is non-qualifying because you're normally playing lift & place.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Orior on October 20, 2014, 11:24:09 PM

By and large winter golf is non-qualifying because you're normally playing lift & place.
Its an any day card comp, so you can pick your day to play. Does this make it non qualifying. You can still play qualifying when prefered lies are in operation in the period btw October - March

Puckoon

Wouldn't your handicap committee at the course have the answer?

thebigfella

Quote from: leaveherinsir on October 20, 2014, 11:45:15 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 20, 2014, 11:24:09 PM

Its an any day card comp, so you can pick your day to play. Does this make it non qualifying. You can still play qualifying when prefered lies are in operation in the period btw October - March

The entire comp has to be qualifying. If it's preffered lies only only the closely mown areas, ie fairways; it can be qualifying. If it's preffered lies in the rough then it's non-qualifying.

Applesisapples

I think each club takes its own decisions on this. Our MHC have posted that for the duration of the winter competitions it is non qualifying. Adjustments to handicaps will be made during the winter but will not impact on the official GUI handicap. The MHC though has reserved the right to adjust GUI handicap in the case of exceptional scoring.

Orior

Take a bow Brody Ninyette. After Day 2, he is 32 over but then gets disqualified for signing for a wrong score.

But, he still gets $40,000 for turning up.

http://www.supersport.com/golf/european-tour/news/141107/Ninyette_disqualified_after_woeful_round

Where the feck is all this money in golf coming from?

beer baron

Bubba's some boy. Looked to be running away with it today in China,then seemed he threw it away with a bogey on 16 and double bogey on 17th and then he chips in from the bunker for an eagle  on the 18th and makes the playoff and wins it. ;D

Orior

He seems like a real prima Donna sometimes.