The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Orior on August 07, 2014, 04:05:30 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 07, 2014, 02:26:14 PM
Played a lovely course last night - got out around 5pm and the twilight green fee which is 50% off their regular fee.

So the marriage didnt last very long?

She plays baseball on Wednesday nights so I got out last night (one time only though as the dog isn't at home with us this week)

Quote from: Puckoon on August 07, 2014, 04:16:48 PM
Good looking track Gab - what time does it get dark with you? Last night is around 8.30 here even at the solstice, so our twilight rates start at 2.

Same time as that - courses differ with their twilight starting times - this course is after 4pm in August

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

DrinkingHarp

Anyone ever use lead tape for their putter? I feel like mine is a tad to light so I thought this tape would be cheaper than a new putter.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Puckoon

Never used it DH, as I have a few weight sets for some of the putters. I've put lead tape on a few wedges on the backside to increase the swing weight. Simple enough applied.

There's nothing like a new putter though :)

The Raven

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 11, 2014, 12:02:29 AM
Anyone ever use lead tape for their putter? I feel like mine is a tad to light so I thought this tape would be cheaper than a new putter.
DH I have put lead tape on my putter for extra weight and feel. I have a Yes mallet putter and put the 2 pieces on at heel and toe. Chap in pro shop advised me keep tape away from middle to keep putter from turning in hands

Puckoon

The use of lead tape is an exception to rule 4 which governs the form of the golf club. You can't put chapstick or vaseline on the face to cure the curve balls, but you can put lead tape on your club prior to a round for weighting purposes. As with all adjustments, they are not allowed to be made during a round.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

I saw that - he 3 putted 18th for a 59  :o

Tony Baloney

G-Mac and Horizon parting company.

Puckoon

Tiger Woods and Sean Foley parting company.

heganboy

Quote from: Puckoon on August 25, 2014, 04:54:01 PM

This is very bad news for everyone else on the tour(s).

What Foley has done to Tiger's game (at Tiger's direction) has been painful to watch. It was an interesting experiment, but it failed, and even with all of the injury issues, time should have been called on this a long time ago...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minder

Quote from: heganboy on August 25, 2014, 05:22:12 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 25, 2014, 04:54:01 PM

This is very bad news for everyone else on the tour(s).

What Foley has done to Tiger's game (at Tiger's direction) has been painful to watch. It was an interesting experiment, but it failed, and even with all of the injury issues, time should have been called on this a long time ago...

Yeah if Tiger gets his driving sorted, to start with, he will challenge again.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Hard to know. Butch doesn't usually take on rehab jobs, and Tiger is incredibly wild off the Tee right now.

Obviously this will be the buzz for a while, but there is more in the equation than just taking Tiger back on. The fall out, the current size and relative success of the Harmon stable

Mickleson, Scott, Fowler. How does he re-arrange the workload to fix a toothless tiger?

I think he is past his prime and will sneak one more major, at most. A lot of Tiger's problems have originated with his crazy emphasis on his upper body strength. Navy Seal training FFS?

Minder

Can't see him going back to Harmon and realistically Harmon has nothing to gain from it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mikhailov

Quote from: Minder on August 25, 2014, 06:50:35 PM
Can't see him going back to Harmon and realistically Harmon has nothing to gain from it.

I think Harman cant lose in the situation...

If he turns it round for Tiger then we get masses of credit for doing so and possibly have Tiger charging after the magic 18 again which the golf world have been waiting on for 5 years+

If it doesn't work out and Tiger doesn't regain former glories then Butch can blame his age, his injury, his previous coaching methods among other things but still keep his nose relatively clean. At the end of the day Tiger is in a bad way so surely if Harmon is a quality coach then he can fix him to some degree with a positive outcome. I think if any coach has degree of belief in his own ability then this is the job you want right now - imagine the glory if you fix the Tiger.....

It is not like he is taking on the Tiger from early 2000's whereby he won nearly every time he teed it up - that had immense pressure attached to it every day of every tournament and the golfing success story worldwide depended on the glory of Tiger as he was the man at that time.