The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Big win for Justin Rose in Scotland over the weekend looks to have him favourite for the Open this weekend - he's actually won his last 2 starts - won in America the tournament before that as well.

DrinkingHarp

Pairings and Tee Times for The Open:

http://scores.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx

My Top 3- Rose, Snedeker and Blixt
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 14, 2014, 02:14:38 PM
Big win for Justin Rose in Scotland over the weekend looks to have him favourite for the Open this weekend - he's actually won his last 2 starts - won in America the tournament before that as well.
Unlikely that he will win 3 in a row.

I have to go with Westwood as someday he has to pay me pack!
Also go with Fowler,Woods and Stenson.
Might put a small bet on Lowry for the craic.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Tony Baloney

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

http://www.golfwrx.com/232481/winning-swings-see-how-rory-mcilroy-drives-it-so-far/

Great piece dissecting Rory's swing. The torque and power he generates in the entire downswing is amazing. No wonder the PGA slogan is "These guys are good"! Getting that down swing on plane and not over or under cooking it is so difficult to ingrain.

dec

I wonder if the huge torque he generates will cause him back problems in a few years.

Puckoon

You'd like to hope that with all the training, nutrition, and flexibility that is surrounding all these guys in recent times that they are giving consideration to all that can happen with time and age. I feel like in the years that Tiger was damaging himself, the super fitness aspect of golf wasn't as prevalent. Now, with a few exceptions they all seem to be in serious shape, and really working hard on conditioning - which I assume includes long term health and flexibility - not just power.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Puckoon on July 21, 2014, 09:18:15 PM
You'd like to hope that with all the training, nutrition, and flexibility that is surrounding all these guys in recent times that they are giving consideration to all that can happen with time and age. I feel like in the years that Tiger was damaging himself, the super fitness aspect of golf wasn't as prevalent. Now, with a few exceptions they all seem to be in serious shape, and really working hard on conditioning - which I assume includes long term health and flexibility - not just power.
Have you seen some of those yanks on the PGA tour? There a shape all right.

dferg

Quote from: dec on July 21, 2014, 08:21:30 PM
I wonder if the huge torque he generates will cause him back problems in a few years.
I think that is a good question.  I'd say Woods would have got closer to Nicklaus record by now if he hadn't had so many injuries over the last few years.  A lot of them caused by the huge torque he could generate.

screenexile

Heading to Vilamoura for a few days in September and was looking a bit of advice about Clubs lads.

I've been told you can rent out decent clubs (even top of the range clubs) when you get there rather than carting your own on and off a plane etc. Have any of you done this before and what's the best site for it?

Any feedback would be great thanks.

thewobbler

Quote from: screenexile on July 22, 2014, 11:18:07 AM
Heading to Vilamoura for a few days in September and was looking a bit of advice about Clubs lads.

I've been told you can rent out decent clubs (even top of the range clubs) when you get there rather than carting your own on and off a plane etc. Have any of you done this before and what's the best site for it?

Any feedback would be great thanks.

Not done it, but I've seen the rental areas in Faro airport and generally only heard good things about the process. Very easy, very efficient.

I've heard a few stories about damaged clubs costing an arm and a leg to replace, so I'd advise paying any excess insurance offered, and perhaps take a few penalty strokes instead of playing off paths or the like.

Walter Cronc

Ok lads to take the heat of Rory who are your most disliked golfers??

For me its has to be Davis Love III. The name, the look of him. Never liked him.

Corey Pavin another wee dweeb and used to behave badly in the Ryder Cup!!