The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Yes - I should have said it's a course made up of holes from other courses around the world - they have a few original holes as well.

And here - you can laugh at my effort at the island green. It landed on and then rolled off the edge at the back beside the bridge to the green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXHEKg7EcY

Gabriel_Hurl

So what's the rule here  ;D - and Puck - don't say use a tree wood

Puckoon

You're looking at an unplayable. Technically you could hit it but it could go anywhere, maybe even not advance and you've lost a stroke and still have to take an unplayable after the wasted stroke. I'd take my lumps and choose from:

Two club lengths from the spot on the ground directly under the ball no closer to the hole

Go back to where you played from and play from there

Or go as far back as you want keeping the flag in your direct line

All options cost you a penalty stroke.

Good rule of thumb is free drop (I.e. Away from a sprinkler head, cart path or away from GIR)= one club length from the nearest point of relief. A penalty drop (hazard or unplayable) two club lengths from the nearest point of relief.

Gabriel_Hurl

So driving into the tree with my cart and knocking the ball loose wasn't the proper thing to do?

I did actually take a drop as it happened

Puckoon

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 20, 2014, 02:31:15 AM
So what's the rule here  ;D - and Puck - don't say use a tree wood

FIR!

orangeman

Rory will be concentrating on golf from now on maybe.

Rory McIlroy breaks off engagement to Caroline Wozniacki
Golf star Rory McIlroy has announced that he has broken off his engagement with Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki.

In a brief statement issued through his Dublin-based management firm, McIlroy said he was making the announcement publicly after talking to Wozniacki.

"The problem is mine," he said in the statement issued on Wednesday.

"The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails."

McIlroy, a two-time major winner, added: "I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times we have had.

"I will not be saying anything more about our relationship in any setting."

McIlroy is currently at Wentworth preparing for the BMW PGA Championship, the European Tour's flagship event.

mouview

McIlroy impresses more and more. Far too young to get married, particularly for 2 such people in the public eye, and he has had the maturity to recognise this. It didn't work out, so they move on. Think Rory will win the USPGA again this year.

Hardy

Quote from: mouview on May 21, 2014, 10:25:53 AM
McIlroy impresses more and more. Far too young to get married, particularly for 2 such people in the public eye, and he has had the maturity to recognise this. It didn't work out, so they move on. Think Rory will win the USPGA again this year.

Jayz, I wonder if I turfed her indoors, outdoors ...?

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Hardy on May 21, 2014, 10:29:37 AM
Quote from: mouview on May 21, 2014, 10:25:53 AM

Jayz, I wonder if I turfed her indoors, outdoors ...?

Have you seen her twitter account, not an apostrophe in sight, it would never last.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

leaveherinsir

Friday evening playing RCD and Saturday playing Ardglass. Lookin forward to both. Hitting the ball well so hope to keep that going. Qualified in the GUI Mixed last Sunday. Anyone else playing much inter club this year?

Orior

Quote from: leaveherinsir on May 21, 2014, 09:32:10 PM
Friday evening playing RCD and Saturday playing Ardglass. Lookin forward to both. Hitting the ball well so hope to keep that going. Qualified in the GUI Mixed last Sunday. Anyone else playing much inter club this year?

Ulster Four Ball, East Antrim League and Pierce Purcell.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

flantheman82

I won the pga tankard comp at my own club. Does anyone know what happens now? Is there a regional qualifier?
Ta

give her dixie

"Trust Me, There Are Plenty More Fish In The Sea" Woods Assures McIlroy

GOLFING legend Tiger Woods has moved to comfort Irish ace Rory McIlroy following news that the County Down man had called off his engagement to tennis star Caroline Wozniacki.

Woods made a visit to McIlroys Florida home this morning, where he found the crestfallen youngster had spent the night listening to Coldplay and eating Terrys Chocolate Oranges.

"Rory was in a bit of a state when I called round" said Woods, star of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 1999-2014. "So I told him to have a shower while I made him an Ulster fry up with potato farls and fried mushrooms. After he had washed and eaten he felt a bit better, so I assured him that no woman was worth crying over and signed him up to Tinder".

2012 PGA Player of the Year McIlroy, who had proposed to Ms. Wozinski on New Years day following a two year relationship, called of their wedding following a bout of cold feet and has refused to comment on the matter beyond an official statement in which he wished the Danish tennis star all the best in life. It is believed Woods will stay with McIlroy until the 25 year old is feeling better.

"I told Rory that there are far worse ways for a relationship to end" said Woods, possibly referring to the breakup of his own marriage in 2009 following a turbulent battle against a crippling sex addiction.

"Caroline Wozniecki was a huge part of his life, but Caroline Wosniakie is now gone; it's time for Rory to start thinking about Rory. We're going to hit the clubs pretty hard today; I reckon a nice day on the fairway playing golf will clear Rorys mind. Then after that I'm going to take him to town and get him hooked up with some really nasty freaks".

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/05/21/trust-me-there-are-plenty-more-fish-in-the-sea-woods-assures-mcilroy/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......